Graduate Network Planning and Works Officer at Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC)
Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) – Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, the Ikeja Electric (IE), Nigeria’s largest power distribution network, came into existence on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company Of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Network Planning and Works Officer
Job Type: Full time
Reporting To: Network Planning & Works Supervisor
- Prepare plan for distribution network as part of conceptualization stage
- Maintain network data
- Carry out load forecasting and network analysis and advise on modification or mitigation plans leading to optimal use of network assets
- Conduct site visits for proposed project designs and modification
- Maintain all network information and data of all network across the business in all voltages
- Analyze operational data like load, breakdowns and growth and initiates mitigation projects
- Analyse in liaison with MIS, RMMA etc all proposed feeder rearrangement for optimal network operation
- Provide advice and guidance to the department and other relevant units both proactively and in response to requests to inform business decision making.
- Determines network needs from statistical projections
- Analyze load and forecast demand
- Prepares distribution returns and annual reports
- Contribute to the formation of strategies for optimization of network infrastructures
- Manage overall investment portfolio in the organization once the asset database and network performance database are ready.
- Monitor progress, quality, safety, budgets and compliance to all company standards and other conditions of projects based on the progress reports prepared, compare it with the previously decided milestones and take corrective actions and decisions wherever necessary.
- Supervise maintenance of database of all network expansion/ extension, reinforcement and rehabilitation projects executed by IE.
- Contribute to the development of the department budget and monitor and control the same to ensure that expenditure does not exceed agreed limits.
- Monitor department’s performance through Key Performance Measures.
- Comply with Quality Management System / Occupational Health & Safety requirements including objectives and applicable regulations relating to assigned jobs.
- Any other duties as requested by the Head Network Planning.
- B Eng in Electrical Engineering
- 0-1-year experience in load forecasting and network analysis
- Power sector experience will be an added advantage
- Experience should be broad-based and include exposure to managing and implementing network expansion and planning projects
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD will be an added advantage
- Network Data Analysis Skill
- Electricity Industry Regulatory Knowledge
- Distribution Network Planning and standards
- Inspection, Quality Control & Standardization
- Safety and Health Compliance
- Communication and Interpersonal Relations
- Supervisory/Managerial Skills
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Managing Resources
- Business Focus
Deadline: 22nd January, 2021.