Graduate Loan Officer at Michael Stevens Consulting
Michael Stevens Consulting – Since its founding in 1991, Michael Stevens Consulting has grown to become a leading provider of high value Human Resources, Recruitment, Learning & Development, Outsourcing and Business Advisory solutions to multinationals, local corporate organizations, governments and multilateral organizations. Our depth of our expertise, defined by carefully selected pool of multi-disciplinary consultants, ensures that we continue to be the firm of choice to our growing list of discerning clientele.
We currently operate from 3 states in Nigeria (Lagos, Ogun and Rivers) and Accra in Ghana while plans are underway to open offices in the Gambia, Sierra Leone and Liberia.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Loan Officer
- Proven working experience as a loan officer
- Familiarity with computers and banking applications / software
- Solid understanding of direct/indirect lending products and practices
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Customer satisfaction orientation and sales competencies
- Ability to work in a goal oriented environment
- HND / B.Sc degree in Finance, Economics or a related field.
- Preferably not more than 26 years old.
- 1 – 2 years experience.
- Evaluate credit worthiness by processing loan applications and documentation within specified limits
- Interview applicants to determine financial eligibility and feasibility of granting loans
- Determine all applicable ratios and metrics and set up debt payment plans
- Communicate with clients either to request or to provide information
- Justify decisions (approvals/rejections) and report on them
- Complete loan contracts and counsel clients on policies and restrictions
- Update job knowledge on types of loans and other financial services
- Maintain and update account records
- Assess customer needs, explore all options and introduce different types of loans
- Develop referral networks, suggest alternate channels and cross-sell products and services to accomplish quotas
- Go the extra mile to build trust relationships, customer loyalty and satisfaction throughout the underwriting process
- Operate in compliance with laws and regulations and adhere to lending compliance guidelines.
Deadline: 28th September, 2020.