Graduate Interns at fhi 360
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Intern
Employment Type: Full time
- Under close supervision will perform entry level professional duties of moderate difficulty providing support to business meetings/training in various functional areas.
- Utilizes current organization-wide and/or department specific protocols to complete assignments.
- Note: Specific activities vary by assignment.
- A wide range of University or Polytechnic graduates are considered based on specific needs of department such as: Psychology, Social Work, Criminal Justice, Finance, Business Administration, Human Resources, Public Health, Purchasing, Public Administration, Community Development and Communications.
- Support to ensure that the office/unit is always conducive for work.
- Support to ensure the smooth running of the office/unit by making sure office supplies and consumables are adequate at all time.
- Assists in preparing written reports of meeting; accompany professional level employees on assignments, organize business meetings and workshops as necessary, sending invitations, collecting meeting materials, and taking minutes as directed.
- First point of contact with clients or internal personnel to obtain basic information for departmental use.
- Contacts other departments or outside agencies to request or give information and other related duties as assigned; performs tasks with attention to detail.
- Gathers readily available information from office records to drafts e-mails, memos, and other documents.
- Records and documents information accurately.
- Analyzes, generates, and maintains records and other reference material necessary for departmental use.
- Answers and makes phone calls, responds to program related questions, and keeps record of correspondence as appropriate.
- Composes, types, and prints reports, general letters, spreadsheets, e-mail, and memoranda from rough drafts or general instructions, involving the assembly of data from computer and paper file or record sources.
- Gathers and organizes data to provide information for departmental special projects or reports, basic arithmetic computations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- The candidates should be a University or Polytechnic graduate from departments such as: Psychology, Social Work, Criminal Justice, Finance, Business Administration, Human Resources, Public Health, Purchasing, Public Administration, Community Development and Communications.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Ability to spend long hours looking at computer screen and doing repetitive work on a keyboard.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 5 – 25 lbs.
Technology to be Used:
- Personal Computer, Microsoft Office 365 (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Skype/TEAMS, e-mail), office telephone, cell phone and printer / copier.
- FHI 360 is committed to provide a safe environment for all employees, beneficiaries and anyone contracted by FHI 360.
- This Includes taking measures to protecting vulnerable people from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (SEA) by either FHI 360 employees or associated personnel.
- FHI 360 abides by child safeguarding principles.
- FHI 360’s Safeguarding Policies apply and flow out to all FHI 360 staff, board members, volunteers, and partner staff (subcontractors, consultants, vendors, and subrecipients), regardless of the funding mechanism or amount of contract, agreement, or purchase order.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
- FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
- FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
- FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work / life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others – and yourself