Graduate Equipment Testing & Commissioning Officer at Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC)
Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) – Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, the Ikeja Electric (IE), Nigeria’s largest power distribution network, came into existence on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company Of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Equipment Testing & Commissioning Officer
Job type: Full time
Reporting to: Equipment Testing & Commissioning Supervisor
- Will be responsible for assisting in day to day operations of equipment testing and commissioning
- Carry out tests on all equipment’s and projects for the necessary required commissioning and for status confirmation if there is still a fault or when the fault has been cleared and ready for supply restoration.
- Comply with Quality Management System / Occupational Health & Safety requirements including objectives and applicable regulations relating to assigned jobs
- Injection substation tripping unit installation and maintainace
- Decommissioning and Commissioning of Numerical relay
- Assist in Carry out any other duties as requested by the Head of Department.
- Assist in preparing strategy / plan for equipment testing and commissioning
- Assist in preparing annual equipment installation and testing plan and help to monitor its execution
- Prepare the reports on equipment testing and commissioning
- Maintain and monitor the database on equipment testing and commissioning.
- B.Eng. in Electrical Engineering with at least a second class lower
- At least 1-year experience in a similar role
- Background knowledge of all the requirement in DT Pre-commissioning. Test
- Relevant experience in the power sector is an added advantage
- Knowledge of 11Kv panel wiring symbol, metering and protection CT and VT
- Knowledge of IEC standard required in material testing
- Knowledge of feeder relay technology and relay programming
- Electricity Industry Regulatory Knowledge
- Inspection, Quality Control & Standardization Management
- Safety and Health Compliance
- Communication and Interpersonal Relations
- Supervisory / Managerial Skills
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Managing Resources
- Business Focus
Deadline: 13th December, 2020.