Graduate Credit Officer in a Reputable Financial Institution | Port Harcourt, Rivers
Michael Stevens Consulting – Our client, a reputable financial institution requires suitable FEMALE candidates for the position of:
Job Title: Credit Officer
Job Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for a Credit Officer to facilitate lending for our clients by assessing creditworthiness and processing relevant paperwork.
- Credit Officer responsibilities include preparing loan applications, evaluating clients’ financial information and calculating risk ratios. To be successful in this role, you should have a good understanding of lending procedures and customer service experience.
- Ultimately, you will help our clients acquire loans in a timely manner, while ensuring we comply with the law.
- BSc in Banking and Finance, Economics / Accounting or related field
- Minimum of 1years experience.
- Proven work experience as a Credit Officer, Loan Officer or similar role
- Hands-on experience with lending procedures and products
- Ability to create and process financial spreadsheets
- Strong analytical skills
- Customer service experience
- Review loan requests
- Assess clients’ financial status
- Evaluate creditworthiness and risks
- Contact clients to gather financial data and documentation
- Analyze risks and approve or reject loan requests
- Calculate financial ratios (e.g. credit scores and interest rates)
- Set up payment plans
- Maintain updated records of loan applications
- Follow up with clients about loan renewals
- Monitor progress of existing loans.
Deadline: 15th October, 2020.