Graduate Compliance Intern at ACTED
ACTED has been committed since 1993, to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED, headquartered in Paris, France is present in four continents and our teams intervene in 37 countries towards 14 million people, responding to emergency situations, supporting rehabilitation projects and accompanying the dynamics of development. Over 5,000 staff are dedicated to implementing and developing our projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Compliance Intern
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- In order to ensure accurate and complete documentation of all projects as per the FLAT (Finance, Logistic, Admin, Transparency) compliance checklist, the Compliance intern will assist the Country Audit / Compliance Team with the follow-up on procedures and filing systems of ACTED.
- S/He also provides technical support for donor external audits and due diligence preparation and follow-up.
- S/He should comply and ensure compliance to the audit code of conduct.
- Assist in ensuring proper Compliance to ACTED, Transparency and Documentation procedures’ enforcement
- Assist in Managing spot checks on the compliance of FIN/HR / LOG / PROGRAMME processes and completing the corresponding checklists
- Assist in ensuring proper Follow- up upon audit and compliance findings and recommendations
- Assist with Internal and External Audits preparation
- Assist in Preparing a monthly compliance report, share as due to Compliance Officer and/or compliance Assistant
- Assist in Ensuring that the originals of the relevant documents are received monthly (finance vouchers, personal files, and procurement files). The effective sending remains the responsibility of each department
- Perform other tasks as delegated by the Compliance Officer and/or Country Management.
- All employees should master ACTED’s core Principles: Independence, Neutrality, Non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, Ethics, Professionalism, anti-Corruption, Transparency and Accountability
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- Understanding of the basic finance systems and procedures and ability to apply it to other work environment.
- HND / Degree in Art or Social Science and Humanities
Essential qualifications and experience:
- Excellent communication skills interpersonal skills.
- Full professional competency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Meticulous attention to details.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines, under pressure.
- Excellent command of English language.
- Excellent organizational skills: the ability to multi-task, learn quickly, and work independently and productively in a fast-paced and detail-oriented environment
- Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion
- Contract length: A year
- Start date: As soon as possible Desirable
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- All applicants must send a Cover Letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English.
- CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to: The Recruitment Manager.
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered. Please note: The position title and location must be written in the subject line of the e-mail otherwise not considered.
- ACTED considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
- CVs will be review on rolling bases.
- Due to the large numbers of expected applicants ACTED will only inform shortlisted candidates. We apologise for the inconvenience. Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview
Application Deadline 17th July, 2020.