Google Current Job Oportunity – Apply Now!
Google is not a conventional company, and we don’t intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world’s most successful organizations – a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind – but even as we continue to grow, we’re committed to retaining a small-company feel. At Google, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our success. We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, bonus, and equity components, along with the opportunity to earn further financial bonuses and rewards. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Strategic Negotiator, Global Network Acquisition
About the Job:
- Google’s infrastructure needs go far beyond server computers. As Google’s products and services scale the globe, the Strategic Negotiation team works behind the scenes to secure infrastructure for Google’s future — everything from underwater cables to physical data center space.
- As a Strategic Negotiator, you combine your deep market knowledge of a given sector with tech industry savvy to negotiate cost-effective solutions to support Google’s infrastructure growth.
- You’ll work with specific project teams on negotiating deals, managing vendor and partner relationships and presenting deal recommendations to our Tech leadership. Your successful negotiations have the potential to save Google millions of dollars in operating costs and impact every part of the business.
- As a Strategic Negotiator, you’ll work with internal teams to oversee vendor and partner relationships. You will also develop and maintain relationships with Google’s business units to help minimize any gap between Google’s business ambitions and infrastructure capability.
- In this role, you’ll ensure that we execute high-quality agreements with our suppliers, working closely with our planning, tax, policy, legal, and treasury teams, while identifying cost-effective solutions and optimal commercial frameworks for our needs. You’ll take lead on projects, manage vendors, and present your recommendations to Google leadership.
- Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google’s product portfolio possible. We’re proud to be our engineers’ engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Collaborate with internal business and infrastructure technical teams to identify and define strategic initiatives necessary to meet Google’s near-term and future network infrastructure needs.
- Build strategic relationships with vendors, identify compelling opportunities for partnership or expansion with teams, and determine specific solutions that meet commercial, technical, and timing requirements.
- Identify and manage agreements with vendors providing dark fiber, capacity, and colocation.
- Lead partnerships in tandem with our Legal, Treasury, Policy, and Tax teams.
- Articulate Google’s peering and interconnect position in the region to internal and external stakeholders. Communicate progress internally and collaborate with network teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technology, Science, Law, Policy, Economics, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience working with telecommunications service providers acquiring or selling connectivity related solutions
- Experience selling or buying assets and solutions in emerging markets
- Experience in point of presence site selection
- Experience in negotiating wholesale agreements between carriers (e.g., roaming, wholesale, etc.)
- Experience working on long distance and metro telecommunications (i.e., wavelengths, spectrum, dark fiber, subsea cables)
- Knowledge of stakeholders, issues, and market trends within Africa
- Creative approach to solving unclear multi-stakeholder challenges.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: Not Specified.