GIS Planning, Analyst & Operations Specialist at Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC)
Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) – Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, the Ikeja Electric (IE), Nigeria’s largest power distribution network, came into existence on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company Of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: GIS Planning, Analyst & Operations Specialist
Reporting To: GIS Coordinator
Employment Type: Full time
Oversees the mapping, data creation, management, and analysis to support comprehensive planning processes and activities within Ikeja Electric.
- First degree with major course work in information sciences, geography, geographic information systems, engineering, or a related field.
- At least 7 years’ experience of increasingly responsible geographic information systems experience.
- Proficiency in using GIS applications like ArcGIS Online, Business Analyst Web app, etc.
- Understands principles and practices of GIS analysis and design.
- Troubleshoot GIS network and application problems.
- Ability to design and manipulate/calculate GIS and associated database information
- Supervision & Leadership skill
- Result Oriented
- Good planning and organization skills
- Communicates in a fluent, logical, clear and convincing manner verbally and in writing
- Use resources effectively
- Attention to details
- Create maps and graphs, using GIS software (ESRI & QGIS) and related equipment.
- Conduct Research to locate and get existing databases.
- Maintain and update site tracker and database
- Gather, analyze, and integrate spatial data from staff and determine how best the information can be displayed using GIS.
- Use GIS to analyze data related to equipment and assets for planning purposes within Ikeja Electric.
- Analyze spatial data for geographic statistics to incorporate into documents and reports.
- Enter new map data through use of a digitizer or by direct input of coordinate information using the principles of cartography including coordinate systems, longitude, latitude, elevation, topography, and map scales.
- Create and implement standards for quality of geographic data.
- Design, update and implement systems and databases for storing and accessing geospatial data.
- Study, develop, and implement procedures and policies to improve efficiency and ensure sound GIS practices and analysis
- Assess and develop a plan for GIS system software and hardware needs for Ikeja Electric
- Use GIS software to produce, display, and analyze geographic information
- Able to design, implement, maintain and administer relational database management systems.
Deadline: 21st October, 2020.