General Practitioner / Head of Clinical Services at Anadach Consulting Limited
Anadach Consulting Limited – Our client is a new and upcoming leading provider of world-class healthcare services in Lagos, with the aim of providing prompt, efficient and high-quality healthcare services to all their patients. Our client believes in equipping patients with medical information to empower them to make informed decisions regarding their health management/healthy lifestyle.
As a result of expansion and strategic initiatives aimed at delivering increased value to patient experience, career opportunity exist for high performing professionals that can contribute to a rapidly growing organization in the capacity below:
Job Title: General Practitioner / Head of Clinical Services
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: The Chief Medical Director
- The General Practitioner will be responsible for providing primary contact and continuous care toward the management of patients’ health and will be expected to assess and treat a wide range of conditions, ailments, and injuries.
- Also, s/he will be expected to lead and manage the clinical services (including several physicians, nurses and other health care professionals) and will report directly to the Chief Medical Director.
- She/he will contribute to building patient base of regular, long-term visitors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Must possess exceptional professional skills and knowledge to provide a high standard of primary and continuing medical care to patients
- Provide health education as required to promote wellness and adequate chronic disease management
- Supervise and train nurses and other medical professionals
- Participate in research studies commissioned by the hospital board
- Respond to patients’ medical/health problems by referring to their history and carrying out diagnosis, investigation, treatment, and referral as appropriate.
- Discuss side-effects, best conditions for use, and possible interactions of medication
- Contribute to the delivery of high-quality patient-centered care that addresses health needs and promotes wellness.
Qualifications and experience
- Must possess a Medical Degree (MBBS or equivalent) registerable with the Nigerian Medical and Dental Council
- Post-graduate training in general practice or internal medicine/or significant experience in general practice in a reputable organization
- Candidate must possess current practicing license
- International training or experience with high quality health systems is desirable
Essential competencies and attributes:
- Clinical competence and a commitment to life-long learning
- Commitment to safety and quality of care
- Interested in contributing to the growth of the business and taking on increasing responsibilities as required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong team player with proven organizational and administrative skills
- Strong Leadership skills
- Active listening skills
- Conversant with technology (experience with/or willingly to learn to use electronic medical records)
- Non-judgmental, flexible, creative, patient and tolerant
Our client offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits including:
- Competitive salary with productivity incentives
- Health insurance
- Pension Plan
- Potential for relocation assistance
- Opportunities for future partnership
- Stability in an organization with over a decade of healthcare industry experienceand has an excellent clinical reputation in the region
- Opportunities to participate alongside other physicians in quality improvement initiativesand be a key member of a new hospital system
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Note: Candidates will be assessed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.