General Food Distribution Assistant at Community Health, Justice and Peace Initiative for Development (JDPH)
Community Health, Justice and Peace Initiative for Development (JDPH), is a faith based organization working in the Catholic province of Jos, which is comprised of Adamawa, Bauchi, Borno, Gombe, Plateau, Taraba and Yobe states of Nigeria. The programme has a mandate of capacity building to promote integral human development and providing services to the JDPCs and all people irrespective of their religion, race or gender in the states mentioned.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: General Food Distribution Assistant
Contract length: 4 months
Start date: As soon as Possible
- The General Food Distribution Assistant, distributes, and tracks the distribution of food to people in need at various rural sites within the Fune and Fika LGAs of Yobe State.
Responsibilities and Tasks
The General Food Distribution Assistant will perform the following tasks:
- Under the supervision of the General Food distribution Officer assist in the distribution of commodities including timely planning and supervision of the distribution.
- Mobilize and sensitize project participants to actively participate in the implementation of field activities.
- Timely prepare and submit field reports to the GFD officer.
- Directly distribute and/or facilitate the distribution of food to clients via volunteers at various rural distribution sites within the LGA.
- Record client participation in food distribution program.
- Provide and receive program participation applications from potential clients at distribution sites, and provide referrals.
- Perform any other duties assigned by supervisor or her/his designate.
- Bachelor’s Degree / HND in Social Sciences
- Ability to deal well with a diverse population.
- Ability to maintain accurate records.
- Cooperative, friendly, and helpful attitude with clients and co-workers. Ability to work closely with other employees to ensure positive, constructive environment within the program or department, and throughout the organization.
- Ability to thrive in a flexible, fast-paced and growth-oriented environment, while maintaining a sense of humor and a positive, solution-oriented approach.
- Experience in data collection, collation, analysis, and report writing
- Ability to plan and organize work and write clear and concise reports and communicate effectively (both in writing and verbally)
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Stable, moral, reliable and robust character and a good team-player
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven commitment to accountability practices
- Excellent Microsoft Office & statistical soft wares skills.
Deadline: 19th May, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letters in a single MS word document to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview. Shortlisted candidates are to come with the originals of their certificates.