Gender / Legal Officer at the Centre for Environment Human Rights and Development (CEHRD)
The Centre for Environment, Human Rights and Development (CEHRD) is a leading Non-Governmental Organization located in Port Harcourt that promotes Human Rights and Sustainable Green Development in Nigeria. CEHRD is committed to workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. CEHRD has been working to reduce Gender-based Violence (GBV) and promoting gender equality in Nigeria.
In order to deepen the work area, CEHRD is seeking to employ a proactive candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Gender / Legal Officer
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Type of Contract: Service Contract
Starting Date (date when the selected candidate is expected to start): 05-02-2021
Duration of Initial Contract: One Year (renewable subject to satisfactory performance)
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law with at least two years of relevant experience related to gender.
- Master’s Degree in related field is an added advantage
- Good writing and reporting skills
- Previous work experience with Civil Society on GBV response
- Knowledge of management
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- The successful candidate will be required to travel within the Niger Delta and Nigeria
- Qualified females are encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical support on Gender and other Human Rights issues
- Monitoring and Reporting Gender issues
- Networking and Coordination
- Ensure Gender inclusion in CFHRD programmes
- Perform other related functions as may be assigned by the organization.
Deadline: 8th December, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications with CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.