Centre for Community Development and Research Network (CCDRN) is a registered local Non-governmental organization (NGO) with its head office in Kaduna. CCDRN partners with communities, philanthropists, government and donors to provide sustainable community development services in the areas of conflict resolution, peacebuilding, economic empowerment, agriculture, health, education as well as governance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Gender Inclusion and Protection Specialist
- To strengthen the Gender and Protection unit of CCDRN at National and fieldlevels.
- This position will work under the supervision of the Executive Director to effectively contribute to designing and incorporation of gender and protection strategies on all responsive project activities, project monitoring etc.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- The Gender Inclusion and Protection Specialist will provide guidance, ensuring that program areas effectively integrate protection, gender considerations and mainstream vulnerable groups.
- The specialist will support the design and implementation of project activities that address the unique human rights challenges protection, gender, equity and social inclusion in each project component; support in the design and delivery of capacity building and training efforts.
- Develop and deliver training to program staff and relevant stakeholders on protection, gender, inclusion-related issues, tools and approaches, and conduct awareness raising initiatives.
- Conduct routine program quality checks through field visits in target areas to ensure that programming is adhering to the relevant standards, including but not limited to the Do No Harm Framework, Minimum Inter-Agency Standards for Protection Mainstreaming, Minimum Inter-Agency Standards for Child Protection, the Inter-Agency Minimum Standards for GBV in Emergency Programming, and Sphere Standards.
- S/he will support project management with recommendations for improving processes to achieve objectives, will contribute to the overall adaptive programming approach, and will play a key role in project work planning, learning and reporting.
- Conduct and/or assist with gender equality and inclusion analyses to identify gaps and entry points for project interventions and implementation strategies to address them; and coordinate support research on gender, equity and inclusion, instruction, systems, and dissemination of lessons learned to the donor and policy community.
- Review and operationalize feedback and accountability mechanisms, to ensure beneficiaries, staff and partners are able to provide feedback in an accessible/inclusive and safe way.
- Ensure that any reports or incidences related to GBV, SEA and child protection are managed sensitively and confidentially within the appropriate reporting structure, including regular training for staff on how to report and respond to incidences, and that any services and follow-up are provided in line with best practices and standard guidance and principles
- Support MEAL team in ensuring MEAL frameworks for all projects include relevant indicators, lead gender and protection assessments, and develop specific tools, protocols and processes to collect and analyze data in alignment with gender and protection guidelines and train field staff in their use
- Work closely with field and HQ staff, providing mentorship support to gender and protection Officers across state and field offices.
- Lead in the design of Gender/protection-based proposals.
- With technical oversight, provide technical leadership in design, development, planning, implementation; and capacity building of specific technical components of programs.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director that are consistent with the overall focus of the assignment.
- This position holder shall be based in Kaduna state, with frequent visits to field offices and project locations as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree
- 5-12 years work experience
Deadline: 6th November, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter in one email attachment to: email@example.com
- Late application will not be considered.
- Please clearly indicate the Position and State in the subject line of your mail.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.