Full Stack Developer at Black Pen Recruitment (Remote Job)
Do you have software development experience? Do you have experience or background in marketing or customer experience? Then we have the opportunity for you!
Our client, a globally remote company, working in both North America and Africa is looking to hire a Full Stack Developer based within Lagos, Nigeria, to join their exciting remote team. They are one of the first movers in bringing Cryptocurrency to the masses in Africa and the Middle East.
As a Full Stack Developer, you will make an extremely high impact on a small, fast scaling team. You’ll have the ability to help build a product used by thousands of people. They are looking for someone who has experience not only with our tech stack in a successful SaaS company, but also with agile methodologies and web development.
Top candidates are clear communicators who are highly self-motivated; eager to collaborate, exchange knowledge, apply new skills and pitch in for whatever the team needs to ship new code.
The ideal candidate is someone someone who is a full stack developer and who has experience or background in marketing or customer experience
Job Type: remote
- Experience in a software development environment, with capability in back-end development and/or depth of experience with at least one modern front-end framework (React, Vue, AngularJS, etc.)
- Experience in marketing and or customer experience preferred
- Experience working in AWS, with a strong desire to further one’s skills
- Experience driving technical projects, prioritizing work, identifying dependencies, facilitating technical decisions and cross-functional team discussions
- Experienced in designing and implementing application architectures and code that are highly scalable, available, maintainable, and performant
- Ability to work independently while also putting an emphasis on mentorship of those around you
- Comfortable collaborating closely with product managers and designers, providing estimates or product ideas that will influence your team’s roadmap
- Being a thoughtful communicator—some teams are partially or fully distributed so effective written communication is key
- Set technical direction and own the architecture and implementation of features
- Provide guidance and assist in helping knock down walls and clear path towards work completion
- Lead a group of engineers and cross-functional team members in the implementation of new and existing features
- Provide clear and concise communication regarding feature development statuses to the team and stakeholders
- Plan, supervise and manage releases for the work the squad is performing
- Empower team members – including other developers as well as Technical Support and QA – through technical mentoring, contributions to the team’s documentation, libraries, and providing automation for manual tasks where appropriate
- Define and adhere to internal coding standards, development processes, and design best practices
- Ensure quality by performing thorough testing and leveraging peer reviews for your work and the work of cross functional teams
- Help scope, estimate, and prioritize work
- Embrace and demonstrate our values: humility, creativity, and independence
- Write and maintain clean, maintainable, and well-tested code for the future (and present) of the company’s platform
- Participate in mandatory weekly calls