Fresh Careers at 9mobile Nigeria
9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Specialist, Security Operations & Risk
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Analyse EMTS information security environment and recommend security measures to safeguard valuable enterprise information assets.
- The role will work in close partnership with the security teams within supplier organisations, Infrastructure Operations, Network Operations and Applications teams to provide a view into the security posture of 9mobile through comprehensive security reports.
- This individual will also ensure compliance to EMTS security policies, processes and procedures.
- Work with IT partners to ensure that 9mobile is protected from security threats and vulnerabilities by ensuring that all security management and monitoring platforms are performing optimally.
- Drive the remediation effort to closeout all audit exceptions raised by Internal Audit during any IT security audit exercises.
- Collaborate with EMTS business units and other risk management/assurance functions to identify security requirements/security risks associated with ongoing/new projects. Implement these strategies and plans to meet these requirements and plans to mitigate identified risks throughout the project life cycles.
- Perform vulnerability assessments to identify control weaknesses, assess the effectiveness of existing controls and recommend remedial action to curtail identified weaknesses
- Assess and validate information security provisions in new application developments or projects, ensuring controls are in line with corporate guidelines
- Participate in the development of information security processes and ensure that security controls and procedures in agreed service-level agreements (SLAs) are managed and maintained.
- Assist in defining security configuration baselines, drafting IT security policies and security operations standards for security systems and applications, including policy assessment and compliance tools, network security appliances, and host-based security systems.
- Coordinate security investigations, forensic investigations and compliance reviews as requested by internal or external auditors.
- Provide support in implementing new or updated information security technologies.
- Research and assess new threats and security alerts and recommends remedial action.
- Responsible for the implementation of Information Security Education/Awareness strategy and the propagation of the same among all staff of 9mobile using existing communication channels or proposing new ones
- Manage technical assessments of the major information security subsystems in accordance with established policy and best practice guidelines, checking for compliance with the systems, policies, and procedures and driving remediation where non-compliance exists.
- Investigate computer security incidents, and recommend corrective actions.
- Carry out other duties as instructed by the Head, Information Risk Management.
- First degree or equivalent in Electrical / Electronic or Telecommunication Engineering, Computer Science or Engineering or Numerate discipline.
- Four (4) to six (6) years work experience with at least 2 years experience in at least two IT disciplines, including technical infrastructure, application development, middleware, database management, and operations (as an advantage).
- Relevant Enterprise Information Security and Architecture Certifications are required e.g. CISA, CISSP, CCNA, CCSP, ITIL, CoBIT etc.
- Experience in computer forensics, information warfare, cybercrime, etc. is desirable.
- Good understanding of Information Security standards e.g. ISO27000:2005.
- Experience in Project Management and Business Process management is an added advantage.
Job Title: Specialist, Demand & Business Relationship Management
Job Ref.: IRC3886
Job Type: Full Time
- Provide support in ensuring that IT solutions and related services are effectively applied.
- Assume full ownership of IT demand matters from the business filter, prioritize and plan fulfillment whilst providing visibility to the IT Management team.
Strategic / Tactical:
- Assist in coordinating Customer liaison/advocacy – Understand the customers’ expectations based on their strategic objectives while delineating expectations that are driven out of individual behaviour and institutionalizing customer/centric improvement mechanism for business benefits.
- Assist in managing the demand pipeline and supporting the business functions to capture, structure, prioritize, align and plan fulfillment of accepted business demand whilst matching this demand with the IT delivery capacity.
- Assist in documenting the desired outcome of a service and determine if the customer’s need can be fulfilled using an existing or new service offering based on agreed principles and procedures.
- Assist in coordinating intradepartmental communication and improvement activities to ensure maximum alignment of the IT with business priorities and facilitate demand capturing.
- Provide inputs to build an overall demand pipeline on an annual basis as well as on an ongoing basis (mapped against annual plan).
- Participate in capturing new demand and ensure structured and high quality of demand’s scope and specification in order to have a consistent basis for estimation and scheduling of the implementation.
- Liaise with the business units to shape and implement the demand management processes as well as the regular liaison/relationship management interactions.
- Assist in developing KPIs for Demand Management as well as dashboards and regular reports to create transparency and tracking of change requests and projects.
- Provide inputs for timely and accurate reporting of all IT demand related issues to senior management and key stakeholders.
- Assist in developing, defining and implementing the overall IT demand management structure & processes especially with upcoming business initiatives, and the current demand in terms of Change execution performance and capacity requirement challenges.
- Understand pattern of business activities and the underlying drivers & take appropriate actions in order to keep IT budget & costs within approved limits while meeting Business requirements on time, minimizing delivery risks and quality.
- Support continuous service improvement by championing the prioritization and resolution of all customer demand requirement.
- Ensure SLAs are agreed with internal customers and see to it that these are aligned with the SLAs agreed with delivery partners for transparency.
- Assist in managing the risks related to delivery capacity and capability of current and forecasted demand. Produce solid forecasts that guarantees the continuance of business activities.
- Attend relevant business and decision making forums which deal with future IT demand and new requirements.
- Provide support in planning, carrying out and evaluating regular customer satisfaction surveys.
- Record customer complaints and compliments, to assess the complaints and to instigate corrective action if required.
- Continuously monitor the processing status of outstanding customer complaints and to take corrective action or escalate if required.
- Assist in organizing periodic Internal Customer Forum (ICF) with Business Units/Areas to review performance, understand expectations and negotiate priorities.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Manager, IT Demand & Business Relationship Management.
- First Degree from a recognised University
Experience, Skills & Competencies:
- Relevant IT Certifications (ISEB BA, CBAP, ITIL, PMI etc) is an added advantage
- Four (4) to Six (6) years experience in a similar role.
- Effective business relationship management skills
- Understanding of IT Governance and Demand and Supply management Knowledge of ITIL Service Strategy, Design and Operation.
- Effective communication and change management skills.
Job Title: Specialist, Demand & Business Relationship Management
Job Ref.:: IRC3885
- Provide support on all operational core network equipment and facilitate PAT of newly integrated network elements.
- Perform core network maintenance activities on the network, node integration, network audit and network performance improvement.
- Perform operation and maintenance on core network elements to achieve network availability
- Facilitate the integrate of new core network nodes
- Provide support for the implementation of an effective operational and maintenance framework for core network
- Supervise change request implementations, fault escalations/resolution and ensure TTs are accurately closed within MTTR by core EOT team
- Participate in acceptance of new core network nodes
- Ensure effective supervision of vendor performance and other related activities (telecommunications equipment monitoring)
- Ensure effective implementation and maintenance of all SIP/E1-PRI connections
- Ensure routine and corrective maintenance on MSC / HSS / MGW / STP / SPS / SBC / U2000 / other CS core nodes.
- Generate incidence reports for core network occurrences weekly and monthly
- Implement software upgrades and hardware replacements on core networks
- Perform network impact analyses of change requests and software upgrades on core nodes
- Perform daily network traffic and KPI trend analysis reports
- Ensure core network spares availability
- Carry out periodic audits on core network nodes and B number analyses
- Participate in BSC and RNC integration into core network
- Definition, integration and migration of Cell sites
- Perform periodic service tests on the network.
- First Degree or equivalent in Electrical / Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering and / or any other relevant discipline.
- At least two (2) years directly relevant post-NYSC work experience in core network operations and maintenance as an advantage
Experience, Skills & Competencies
- Excellent problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Good time management skills
- Good computer literacy (Good hands on with MS Office applications)
- Good reporting and communication skills.
- Problem Solving
- Passion for Excellence
- Empowering people
- Growing people
- Customer Focus.
Job Title: Manager, Solution Architecture (IT)
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Lead and coordinate the planning, analysis and design of multi-domain Information Technology solutions to engender a world class and extensible architecture providing platforms for sustainable business capabilities in a fast-paced telecommunications environment.
- Responsible for identifying the strategic imperatives for IT and the translation of business requirements into set of technical specifications for the selection, design and implementation of fit for purpose IT Solutions.
Strategic & Tactical:
- Coordinate the process for translating business requirement into technical specifications and ensuring alignment.
- Coordinate the development and maintenance of the roadmap of IT initiatives to deliver the target architecture for the realization of extant business visions and strategies.
- Guide technology decisions, ensuring alignment with business objectives and established architecture principles & standards.
- Support the establishment and enforcement of architecture principles and standards through the platform of the Architecture Review Board and other architecture governance processes. Coordinate the activities of the Architecture Review Board.
- Review and recommend approval for IT solution design proposals as prerequisite for solution build and implementation. Validate compliance to architecture principles at key development checkpoints for solutions in development on the one hand and changes to those in production on the other
- Responsible for business process optimization and integration, covering enterprise application integration and enterprise data integration (EAI & EDI) within both internal and external contexts
- Enable enterprise agility i.e. facilitate quick response to market dynamics and adoption of new Develop and maintain a roadmap of IT initiatives to deliver the target architecture for the realization of extant business visions and strategies.
- Provide technical leadership for the implementation and integration of assigned IT projects
- Responsible for the design of fit-for-purpose solutions to solve business problems by facilitating design workshops with key stakeholders with strong emphasis on business value, risk and on time to value
- Own assigned project technical deliverable and ensure delivery to acceptable quality standard
- Ensure all technical documents related to a project is compiled in accordance with IT Architectural Policy and best practices.
- Support the technology planning team is the definition of processes and frameworks for managing capacity-infrastructure and application licenses.
- Support the technology planning team in the production of capacity plans to proactively meet the demand on the IT organization to ensure that the business is adequately positioned to respond to internal / external demand in a consistently efficient and effective manner.
- Facilitate and oversee the definition and testing of interfaces for systems integration within assigned project
- First degree or equivalent in Electrical / Electronic Engineering, Computer Science / Engineering or other numerate science.
- Minimum 6 years post National Service work experience, with at least 4 years’ experience as a Solution Integrator or Architect.
- Postgraduate / professional qualifications in related fields will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Architecture methodologies, standards, frameworks and tools (TOGAF, ZACHMAN, UML, etc)
- Experienced in working with diverse teams of 5 or more people in dynamic and rapidly changing environments.
- Experience in multiple, diverse technology environments and domains including technical infrastructure, application development/management, middleware, database management, and operations.
- Understanding of telecommunication business and technology model / architecture.
- Understanding and experience across the solution implementation lifecycle.
- Experience in planning, building and running telecom BSS / OSS and related platforms are an added advantage.
- Very good conceptual and analytical thinking
- Excellent Verbal, Interpersonal, presentation and communication skills