Fleet Manager at DRYVA Logistics
DRYVA Logistics is an integrated logistics company, providing end to end supply chain management solutions. Our portfolio covers Third Party Logistics, E-Commerce Logistics and Warehousing. We are building a team of top talents who can grow fast into senior leadership.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Fleet Manager
- Provide strategic and operational leadership of the company’s fleet.
- Control and reduce operating costs, providing specialist knowledge relating to trucks management
- Improve the operational performance of the fleet, whilst minimizing the operative downtime.
- HND / B.Sc. in Transport & Logistics Management or other related fields.
- Cognate 5-10 years management experience of a fleet of 100 commercial trucks (minimum).
- Relevant professional certification in Transport in Nigeria. E.g. National Institute of Transport & Logistics is an added advantage.
- Strong practical knowledge of Nigeria fleet and transport legislation / compliance requirements for the transport industry.
- Extensive knowledge of route planning and Driver management.
- Experience in Truck types and models, costs, utilization and management peculiarities.
- Work jointly with Client Accounts / Order Processing Team to ensure allocation of vehicles/drivers based on the peculiarity of Client’s requests.
- Work with HR in the recruitment of quality drivers into the DRYVA Logistics fleet.
- Fully responsible for driver management- develop, maintain and adhere to disciplinary procedures, driver orientation program, and ensure preventive maintenance procedures are adhered to by all Drivers. Also understand and communicate Driver needs/complaints to the HR / Management Team.
- Oversee routine and ad hoc maintenance, obtain tags for new vehicles and renew old ones to ensure schedule fleet management.
- Facilitate timely daily, weekly, monthly truck technical inspection with the use of the truck checklist and the company’s fleet management system
- Manage company’s engagement with maintenance partner and lead the full set up of company’s internal maintenance capabilities by setting up the right processes and policies for spare parts purchase and inventory management, vehicle repairs, vehicle assessment (pre and post purchase), and routine inspection.
- Oversee fleet maintenance, schedule for repairs and schedule for annual inspection, and ensure preventive maintenance procedures are adhered to by all Drivers
- Maintain detailed records of vehicle servicing and inspection and schedule regular vehicle maintenance to ensure operational efficiency
- Perform vehicle registration / renewals, insurance and documentation regarding on boarding of new vehicles to existing fleet. Keep record and make proper filing of truck licensing and registrations.
- Monitor and ensure fleet operation in compliance with state and federal rules and regulations.
- Maintain and monitor data management system to organize fleets as per various schedules and requests.
- Develop and implement standard operational standards to maintain vehicles by advocating best practices in industry.
- Plan, process and execute vehicle purchase and vehicle replacement, working with company CEO.
- Plan and prepare annual budget, expenditures and analyze all financial objectives.
- Coordinate all regional (and national) fleets operation as necessary.
- Solve problems by coordinating with insurance company, leasing company and administration office in case of incidences
- Ensure optimal utilization and security of all vehicles in fleet by monitoring Drivers’ locations and movements, through tracker management, also review field operations to proactively spot any inconsistencies with the vehicles movements outside the prohibited working hours
- Manage and submit periodic report of Driver’s performances, delivery fulfilments and fleet utilization.
- Direct supervision of truck loadings to ensure accuracy in items, as well as conformance to loading patterns in order to prevent the likelihood of damage to materials or products during transit.
- Prepare periodic budgets (monthly/annual) on required maintenance and vehicle administration / operating costs and document acquisition and updates.
- Apply and record appropriate disciplinary actions where necessary.
- Implement and maintain policies and processes to ensure the fleet operates effectively and efficiently, educating staff with the industry’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Recommend optimal transportation modes, routing & frequency.
Deadline: 3rd July, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.