Financial Controller in a Food Service Company
Maurice Xandra Solutions Limited – Our client, a major player in the Food Service Industry, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Controller
- We are currently looking to hire a Financial Controller who will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day accounting functions, integration of finance operations, forecasting and budgeting, handling of tax matters, preparation of financial reports, and ensuring organizational financial stability.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Financial Controller’s duties and responsibilities include:
- Having the ultimate responsibility for accurate accounting records and providing financial reports.
- Lead the capital investment appraisal and approval process.
- Optimize costs and cash to improve margin and target GOP and deliver strong working capital management.
- Deliver high quality management information and performance measurement.
- Ensure reporting that incorporates bench-marking, identification and measurement of key performance indicators.
- Proactively identify and interpret business and economic trends.
- Drive accountability for controls into the relevant departments to enable finance to act as reviewer and advisor of best practice.
- Provide focused, innovative, and value-adding management reporting and analysis.
- Lead the planning and forecasting process and ensure that financial plans are consistent with the organization’s strategic objectives.
- Provide commercially valuable business support.
- Support and advise the business on financial and commercial matters as well as in strategic planning, focusing on value opportunities.
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Additional controller duties as necessary.
- Proven working experience as a Financial Controller.
- 7+ years experience in accounting and finance, 5 of which must have been in a managerial role.
- Advanced degree in Accounting.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end / year end close process.
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills.
- Proven leadership skills with demonstrable experience of managing teams.
- Gravitas and natural ability to instill confidence in, command respect from and establish credible relationships with key internal/external stakeholders.
- Strong and effective communication skills.
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills.
- Strong MS Excel skills.
Deadline: 20th August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.