Finance Team Lead at the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Team Lead
Webcruiter ID: 4279430115
Location: Maiduguri, Borno (with frequent travels. Travel outside Maiduguri is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area)
Full-time/part-time: Part Time
Employment type: Contract
- Minimum of University degree in Finance or Accounting
- Experience from working as a Finance Of in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Good knowledge of accounting packages; preferably Agresso
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar position preferably with an NGO
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Good skills in Excel and Word
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English and Hausa
Duties and Responsibilities
- Accurate and timely preparation of the eBRS in accordance with global deadlines and ensure all the reconciling items in the eBRS are monitored and acted upon
- Assign duties, supervise, train, and appraise the Finance Officer and Finance Assistant.
- Play an essential role in procurement processes and ensure compliance as a member of the bid committee; Verify POs for completeness.
- Responsible for submission of monthly taxes deducted from staff, suppliers, and consultants on time to relevant authorities and obtain periodical tax clearance certificates
- Responsible for the quality posting of costs into Agresso and meeting global deadlines for the Area Office.
- Verifies payments/cheques/cash payments in order to ensure that complete supporting documentation is available
- Contribute to the design, development, and implementation of the financial management policies, procedures, and practices
- Support the Finance Manager in audit preparations and close-out.
- Assist the Area Manager in maintaining overall budget control; Provide up-to-date analysis and regular reports of the Area financial status and share detailed Budget vs.
- Actual reports for the entire area office with the Area Manager upon request and at least once a month. Ensure documented BvA meetings with action plans and follow-ups as delegated by the Finance Manager
- Work with the Area Manager and ensure accurately, reliable master support budget is in place and updated
- Work with budget holders and various support staff to prepare quality budget proposals.
- Review monthly project re-bookings and ensure that they are minimized.
- Ensure implementation of anti-corruption procedures and policies in Area Offices
- Contribute to decisions as a member of the Area Management Team (AMT)
- Ensure that supporting documentation is secured on a monthly basis for the area office as per guidelines given in the SSD manual;
- Contribute towards updating the Transaction Checklist and Reconciliation of Deliverables reports on the NG Abuja Compliance Folder
- Handling an insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- A good sense of humour is an asset
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive, and accountable.
We Can Offer
- Commencement: September 2020
- Duration: 4 months (One-year renewal)
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions, Grade level 6, Step 1.
Deadline: 9th September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application procedures and CV registration:
- Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location.
- An approved health certificate will be requested before the contract start.