Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance and Accountancy Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
Contract Period: Indefinite.
Main Objective and Responsibility of the Position
- Coordinating and supervising the accounting of the mission (accounting, treasury, audit procedures, etc.) according to the instructions of the Finance Coordinator, and in compliance with legal obligations and MSF standards and protocols in order to provide quality, reliable and transparent information to the organization on the use and allocation of resources in the mission.
Description of the Responsibilities/Activities
- Being responsible for quality and timely accounting for the whole mission e.g. cash procedures, bank accounts, receipts and supporting documents, electronic data entry, consolidation of overall mission accounting, monthly closing process and documents, ensuring strict respect of deadlines and strict compliance to MSF guidelines, Financial standards and procedures.
- Coordinating and overseeing the monthly and yearly closing of accounts and balance sheet, and reporting the mission’s accounting statement through monthly and weekly reports, in order to verify the evolution of project finances and provide information about them
- Coordinating and supervising the conduct of local audits relating to accounting, tax, labour, stock and asset management
- Planning and supervising, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required and to improve people’s capabilities
- Being responsible for the financial management of donor contracts e.g. preparing and verifying the financial reports to donors, following up and analysing the need for amendments. Ensuring reporting conditions are met and stakeholders in the mission are informed of their responsibilities (for example, logistics for stock inventory, quotes)
- Coordinating and overseeing the payment of tax liabilities in order to comply with legal obligations.
- Is the technical reference for any accounting-related issue including compliance with MSF financial standards and procedures, legal compliance, training and support on the MSF accounting software / system
- When required, briefing all staff involved, on specific accountancy management (Mission Coordination Team, Administration Managers, Logistics Managers, etc).
- To organize and final check of monthly BKK Scan file before send to HQ.
- Responsible for quality and timely accounting for the whole mission: both paper accounting (invoices and receipts, required support documents and proper audit trail).
- Coordinate and ensure all locations follow of cash and bank procedures.
- To work closing with Deputy finance coordinator and Finance coordinator to prepare and update all procedure for financial administration.
- To do a cross checks of vouchers from various locations randomly.
- To do banking transfer process between banks and arrange for transfer payment.
- To prepare for payment with cheque procedure for the suppliers as per agreement.
- To monitor and report to Deputy Finco/Finco for any changes of Nigeria banking policy.
- To assist in the management of cash flow for the mission as a whole, including handling exchange transaction, distribution of cash to projects based on monthly money requests and managing incoming cash from HQ.
- To assist Deputy Financial Coordinator in preparing the monthly money request to HQ.
- To manage and monitor the cash flow form the safes/cashboxes as required.
- Transactions, distribution of cash to projects based on monthly money requests and managing incoming cash from HQ.
- To follow up and track of the bank signatories of staffs across mission on bank accounts and prepared of bank registration paper as necessary.
- To be responsible for checking of complete bookkeeping on file on monthly.
- To calculate month end exchange rates.
- To check for monthly bank statement matching with the transactions and monthly bank reconciliation as requirement and prepare as per MSF template.
- To prepare balance specification and make necessary adjustment to journals arising then report to the supervisor on monthly.
- To prepare check for complete of hardcopy coordination bookkeeping overview and related data for deputy financial coordinator and financial coordinator approved.
- To file and check for completeness of the main monthly bookkeeping in coordination as per check list.
- To assist the Deputy Financial Coordinator in preparing the monthly money request to HQ.
- To coach and train the finance staffs in order to improve accuracy of bookkeeping and monthly closing procedures, including regular field visits.
- To cover for the Project Finance Managers in projects when necessary.
- In absence of Deputy Financial Coordinator, perform his/her duties as delegated by the Financial Coordinator.
- To participate and join the tender committee for tender and bidding process.
- To evaluate and follow up of the paid invoices are reasonable price and in line with market process.
- To do a project field visit for check of procedure in place when it is necessary.
- Interested in a long-term professional development and growth within the organization.
- Essential solid accountancy training and experience-professional accounting qualification.
- University Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
- NYSC discharge or exemption certificate
- Minimum 2 years work experience in finance as a financial administrator or similar position
- Mission language and local language essential
- Essential computer literacy (Word, Excel, Power Point and Internet).
- People Management and Development – L2
- Commitment to MSF Principles – L2
- Behavioural Flexibility – L3
- Results and Quality Orientation – L3
- Teamwork and Cooperation
Deadline: 11th September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to answer the necessary questions, before submitting their resumes to the email address below:
After filling the form, submit Application Letter, latest Curriculum Vitae (CV) and photocopies of all necessary credentials with telephone contact details (daytime) to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the mail – Application for the post of Finance and Accountancy Manager -Abuja’.