IGIT Shipping and Logistics Company offer a wide range of international shipping and logistics services to meet your international supply chain needs. Our experienced global shipping professionals are trained to guide you through the complexities of international shipping. Our strategic network of ocean shipping lines, automated cargo management systems, charter and commercial airlines, as well as a seamless relationship with government regulators, helps us deliver on time shipments worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Female Executive Assistant to the MD/CEO
- The role entails working closely with the MD/CEO and requires a clear understanding of the organization’s corporate philosophy (vision, mission, core values and brand drivers) and a demonstrable ability to play an instrumental role in achieving them.
- It is a perfect fit for ambitious, creative and highly detailed individuals who think outside the box and have the desire and ability to learn new skills fast.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Scheduling meetings and appointments, preparing weekly itineraries, maintaining organized diaries, preparing of relevant briefs, reports and addresses.
- Participate in Governance related engagements
- Liaise with Regulators and Consultants
- Arranging for CEO’s traveling.
- Prepare, maintain and securely keep all registers including members, directors, shareholders/shareholdings
- Devising and maintaining office systems and processes, including data management, filing and retrieval system for the Executive.
- Works closely and effectively, by keeping the CEO well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, and following up appropriately.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matter expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Attending to all incoming and outgoing correspondences/mails
- Screening and handling telephone calls, enquiries, requests for visitations as appropriate
- Taking minutes and proceedings of important meetings where required.
- Drafting contract, Service Level Agreements (SLA) etc. for the company.
- Producing documents, briefing papers, reports, speeches and presentations
- Devising and maintaining office systems and processes, including data management, filing and retrieval system etc.
- Organising meetings and ensuring the CEO is well-prepared for meetings
- Monitor changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and take appropriate actions
- Organize travel itinerary
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO’s office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
- Enjoys utilizing relevant skills to manage business-related tasks
- Scheduling virtual and non-virtual meetings
- Manage Stakeholders relationships under direction from and on behalf of the Board
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO
- Managing an extremely active calendar of appointments
- Drafting and preparing confidential correspondence
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the CEO, with Advisory Board members, staff, and others, on matters related to CEO’s initiatives.
- Arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the CEO’s schedule is followed and respected.
- Provides “gatekeeper” and “gateway” role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the CEO’s time and office.
- Attend Board and other meetings and prepare Board minutes and formal resolutions
Qualification / Education:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in relevant discipline.
- Holders of Law Degrees are encouraged to apply.
- Master’s Degree is an added advantage
- Minimum of 7 years cognate experience supporting Executives in a similar industry.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication skills
- Good analytical, critical reasoning and strategic thinking capabilities skills
- Multi-tasking skills to be able to meet deliver multiple deadlines in good time
- Experience as an Executive Assistant is highly important
- Ability to manage deadlines and prioritize work
- Excellent interpersonal skill and organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Coordination and scheduling skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- High level of discretion and Emotional Intelligence
- Time management skills to meet deadlines and deliver on assignments
- Administration experience
- Very vibrant and courteous.
- The ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations
- The ability to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Must possess strong presentation skills
Deadline: 25th September, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.