Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Award 2021 / 2022
BEA Scholarship Eligible for
- Undergraduate (UG) studies tenable in Russia, Morocco, Algeria, Serbia, Hungary, Egypt, Tunisia, Turkey, Cuba, Romania, Japan, Macedonia; and
- Postgraduate (PG) studies tenable in Russia (for those whose first degrees were obtained from Russia), China, Hungary, Serbia, Turkey, Japan, Mexico, South Korea, e.t.c.
All qualified candidates are advised to:
- Visit Federal Ministry of Education’s website www.education.gov.ng and click on “Federal Scholarship Board” ICON on the Home Page:
- Read Guidelines and then Complete the Application Form online
- Print the completed Application Form.
Fields of Study
- Undergraduate level – Engineering, Geology, Agriculture, Sciences, Mathematics, Languages, Environmental Sciences, Sports, Law, Social Sciences, Biotechnology, Architecture, Medicine (very limited), etc.; and
- Postgraduate level (Masters Degree and PhD) in all fields.
Criteria for Eligibility
- All applicants for undergraduate degree courses must possess a minimum qualification of Five (5) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secondary School Certificates, WASSCE/WAEC (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics. Certificates should not be more than two (2) years old (2019 & 2020) for Non-African Countries and for African countries the age of certificate is one year (2020) only. Age limit is from 17 to 20 years
- All applicants for Postgraduate degree courses must hold a First Degree with 1st Class or at least 2nd Class Upper Division. The applicants who are previous recipients of Foreign Awards must have acquired at least two (2) years post qualification experience or employment practice in Nigeria. All applicants must have completed N.Y.S.C. Programme and the age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for Ph.D.
- N.Y.S.C discharge or exemption certificates only are accepted; and
- Evidence of readiness to be released by an employer.
General Note For all Applicants
- Since the BEA countries are non-English speaking, applicants should be prepared to undertake a mandatory one year foreign Languare course of the country of choice which will be the standard medium of instruction;
- The required certificates for candidates applying for Bachelor in Imamat, Quran Teaching Professor and Iman Preacher Training for Islamic Religious studies in Algeria is WASSCE / WAEC and no other certificate is accepted;
- All applicants for Hungarian Scholarship can apply for up to two fields of study in order of preference; and must visit the website: www.stipendiumhungaricum.hu which will hopefully be opened between October and November, 2020
- Complete the application form online
- All applicants for Russia Postgraduate Scholarship must have acquired their 1st Degree in Russia;
- All Applicants to upload their certificates online;
- Undergraduate (UG): WAEC / WASSCE, Birth Certificate, Indigene letter.
- Postgraduate (PG): 1st Degree Certificate, Birth Certificate, WAEC / WASSCE, Indigene letter & NYSC discharge Certificate.
NB: Candidates nominated by the Board will be required to submit to Federal Scholarship Board the following:
- Authenticated copies of academic certificates;
- Data page of current International passport;
- Specified Medical Reports from Government hospitals
- National Identity Number (NIN)
- Police Clearance Certificate where necessary.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Official Phone Numbers / E-mail:
Note: This particular application does not attract any processing fee. Therefore, beware of fraudsters!