The Federal Institute of Industrial Research, Oshodi (FIIRO) is a parastatal under the agency of the Federal Ministry of Science and Technology. The Institute has the national mandate for Research and Development in Technologies for Processing of Food and Agro-Allied Products, Pulp and Paper, including Technology Entrepreneurship Programmes.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Nigerians to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director General / Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Location: Oshodi, Lagos
- The Director General / CEO shall be responsible for the day-to-day management of the Institute
- The successful candidate appointed as substantive Director General / CEO shall be responsible through the Governing Board to the Federal Ministry of Science and Technology for the attainment of the mandate of the Institute.
Qualifications and Experience
To apply, a candidate must:
- Posses at least a Ph.D Degree in Science and Technology disciplines relevant to the mandate of the Institute
- Have obtained his / her First Degree / Higher National Diploma from a recognised Institution with at least fifteen (15) years post-graduation cognate experience, including service as a Director Research or its equivalent
- Have had extensive relevant research with veritable and demonstrable experience as evidenced by at least twenty-five (25) scientific publications in reputable Local and International peer-reviewed journals, relevant to Research Institute or its equivalent Technologies for Processing of food and Agro-Allied Products, Pulp and Paper.
- Hold membership of reputable Local and International Professional Bodies
- Be computer literate and possess vast experience in the management of a research organisation.
Conditions of Service
- The tenure of the post is 4 years but renewable based on performance
- Conditions of service as provided for political, public and judicial office holders (Salaries and Allowance, etc. (Amendment) Bill 2008) and applied to Federal Government Research Institutes which may be modified from time to time by competent Federal authorities.
Deadline: 18th November, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit fifteen (15) copies of his / her Detailed Curriculum Vitae accompanied with photocopies of credentials indicating the following information:
- Personal Particulars:
- Full Name, Dates and Place of Birth, State of Origin, Local Government Area, Marital Status, Physical and Electronic Contact Addresses
- Educational Background:
- Institutions attended with Dates, Qualifications Obtained with Dates, Membership of Professional Bodies as well as prizes, Distinctions / Awards Obtained
- Work Experience:
- Present Employer, Positions and Salary
- Previous Positions held with Dates,
- List of Publications (starting from the most recent) in reputable Scientific journals
- Any other relevant information in support of the application
- Name and Address of three (3) referees (not relations) who should write the references of the applicant’s academic / professional competence as well as conduct and character and send same under confidentiality to the Chairman Governing Board within the valid period of submitting Applications specified in the publication
Each Application must be submitted in fifteen (15) copies with three (3) sets of scientific publications to:
The Chairman, Governing Board,
Federal Institute of Industrial Research,
Oshodl 3, FIIRO Road, Cappa Oshodi,
- Those who applied previously need not reapply
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.