Millie’s International School – We are an ambitious British International school with rich, innovative and exciting curriculum; giving all our pupils the opportunity to be successful.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: EYFS/KS1 Teacher
- We are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate Primary trained EYFS experienced teacher to join our Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) team.
- To join our team therefore, you will need a good understanding about your role within our school and your willingness to actively embrace this will be essential.
Qualification & Experience
- Minimum qualification required is a Bachelor’s Degree in English (BA) gained from a reputable university; plus a diploma or certificate in Montessori Education or Early Childhood Education
- Have minimum 2 years verifiable teaching experience in a similar role
- Knowledge and experience of teaching phonics is preferred and an added advantage
- Being familiar with the Nelson Handwriting scheme is also an added advantage
- Must reside in Ibadan and be able to commute to Jericho, Ibadan
For your application to be successful, you must meet the following criteria:
- Teaching experience within Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS), preferably as a Reception teacher.
- Have a detailed and thorough knowledge of the Early Years Curriculum (and some knowledge of the KS1 Curriculum)
- Be a self-motivated practitioner who can deliver fun and enjoyable lessons that will inspire young minds and achieve results.
- Have high expectations of all children and the ability to inspire and motivate learners
- Demonstrate initiative and a commitment to your own professional development
- Have the ability to develop and maintain good professional relationships and contribute positively to curriculum development
- Be able to set high standards and provide role modelling for staff and pupils
- Have high expectations for behaviour, attainment and progress
- Have understanding of the importance of pupil tracking and progress
Skills and Aptitudes:
- Be able to effectively use a variety of teaching and organisational styles and resources including ICT
- Be able to provide our pupils engaging and exciting learning experiences by planning and teaching well structured lessons
- Be able to impart knowledge and develop understanding through effective use of lesson time
- Have ability to work with and deploy resources effectively
- Good classroom management skills
- Be a well-organised team player with excellent communication skills
- Be able to work effectively as a member of a team
- Be able to nurture and develop the students’ love of education through own passion for teaching; being a life-long learner and seeking to communicate a genuine love of learning through lessons.
- Have an appreciation of the importance of safeguarding in educational settings
Deadline: 10th June, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Interested candidates MUST demonstrate Primary Education teaching and experience of the British National Curriculum on their CV and cover letter
- MUST reside in Ibadan and be able to commute to Jericho, Ibadan
- Do not respond to this advert if you do not meet the requirements listed above