Executive Assistant in an Indigenous Engineering and Oil & Gas Service Company
Pivotage Consulting – Our client, an indigenous Engineering and Oil and Gas Service incorporated in Nigeria with expertise in providing full-service integrated solutions to clients across the entire oil and gas value chain is currently seeking to grow its team by hiring the position below:
Job Title: Executive Assistant
Location: Lagos State, Nigeria
Reports to: CEO
Job Type: Full Time
Career: Mid/Level Expert
- The Executive Assistant will be responsible for performing an array of administrative functions including providing executive and human resource support to the CEO
- The dynamic candidate we seek will be organized, detail-oriented, flexible, creative, serious, committed, and passionate about his/her work. The candidate needs to be a team player with a positive attitude and professional disposition. Confidentiality and discretion are key. The candidate must possess great communication skills. Due to the visibility of the position, this requires providing superior customer service to all levels of internal staff and to the CEO.
Qualifications And Requirements
- Preferred Experience: 4+ or more year’s relevant administrative experience in an executive support/role at a high corporate level. Prior C-suite support is preferred.
- Prioritizes tasks and meets deadlines with minimal supervision. Strong problem solving.
- Independently explores and learns about the company, the role and how to get things done in a complex environment.
- Strong team player. Collaborates well with other staff. Willing to chip in and help in other areas.
- Experience and skill creating and organizing presentations and reporting for executive audience.
- Interviewing Skills, Professionalism, Organization, Teamwork.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills with attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to stay on top of time sensitive projects and urgent requests, requiring a high level of flexibility and ability to execute quickly.
- Thinks ahead, minimizing potential problems. Proactive in identifying areas to improve.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Communicates openly and directly. Adjusts communication to level of audience. Responds professionally.
- Ability to handle highly confidential and technical material.
- Ability to work efficiently and handle multiple projects and tasks concurrently, in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient PC skills to include Microsoft applications (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word and other business enterprise systems).
- Takes initiative to learn new systems and stay current in area of expertise.
- Knowledge of general office procedures (e.g., filing, correspondence, scheduling, expenses, calendar)
- Willingness and ability to provide excellent service to our managers and staff.
- Providing high-quality support to the CEO.
- Managing and ensuring the smooth running of the CEO’s affairs such as organizing, scheduling and maintaining information in an efficient way.
- Managing the schedules to enhance effective time management and coordinates activities, prioritizes appointments and reschedules where necessary.
- Managing, prioritizing, screening and monitoring the CEO correspondence, including calls, emails, post, and fax to ensure they are dealt with appropriately.
- Collecting and researching information on assigned matters.
- Producing reports and statistical analyses as per the request of the manager.
- Acting as the point of contact among executives, employees, clients and other external partners.
- Managing information flow in a timely and accurate manner.
- Managing executives’ calendars and set up meetings.
- Making travel and accommodation arrangements.
- Organizing and maintaining the office filing system.
- Using analytical techniques in Excel to generate reports and perform analysis to provide insight into key decisions on price, cost, and return on investment.
- Automating reporting where possible to ensure up to the minute information is available across the business.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Perform administrative duties and functions requiring confidentiality, initiative, and sound decision-making.
- Plan, schedule and coordinate meetings and all associated logistics, department and off-site meetings, external group other events.
- Coordinate travel arrangements for the Executives and process expense reports.
- Prepare agendas, make copies, set up room, coordinate with speakers, take and type notes, order/pick up/layout refreshments, etc.
- Maintain confidentiality of all appropriate communications and documentation.
- Provide administrative assistance for the office to include filing, scanning, drafting letters, data entry and other misc. duties
- Assist with preparing and processing reports
- Establish hard copy and electronic files as required
- Assist in setting up for meetings (make coffee, set up chairs, assist administratively in preparation of meeting materials, e.g. copy, collate, scan)
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Deadline: 11th January, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV only to: email@example.com (Please ensure CVs are in MS Word format only) Using the role “Executive Assistant” as the subject of your application
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.