Executive Assistant at Funtay Group
Funtay Group is a Nigerian Oil and Gas company involved in the entire value chain of the Oil & Gas industry, from Upstream to Downstream to Gas and Power.
TAKO E&P Solutions Limited, part of Funtay Group, currently owns operating interest in Dawes Island OML 54, previously owned by Chevron.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Executive Assistant
Job Type: Full time
Industry: Oil & Gas
- Funtay Group is a diversified oil and gas company involved in the upstream, midstream, and downstream sector. We are seeking an Executive Assistant to join our team in Lagos.
- Our company is on the lookout for a skilled Executive Assistant who will be able to provide support to Funtay in a proactive and timely manner.
- An Executive Assistant’s duties will involve managing the Executive’s schedule, handling their correspondence, researching online, copywriting, preparing analyses and ensuring implementation of objectives in a timely manner.
- Provides support to Management by conducting research and news relating to oil, gas, engineering, and economics in the petroleum industry
- Coordinates calendar activities for MD & Executive Chairman; schedules appointments, meetings, conferences, hearings, or other activities; updates calendar on a regular basis and notifies parties involved of changes; distributes calendar of meetings and other events
- Coordinates travel arrangements, accommodations, conference registrations, or other travel-related plans for Director and other staff as requested
- Maintains file system of various files/records for the department/division; prepares and sets up files; sorts/organizes documents to be filed; files documents in designated order; retrieves/replaces files; shreds/destroys confidential or obsolete documents.
- Attends various meetings as needed. Prepares and mails meeting notices; prepares meeting agendas and minutes.
- Provides direction, training, guidance and assistance to employees; coordinates projects and daily work activities; organizes, prioritizes, and assigns work; monitors status of work, inspects completed work, and troubleshoots problem situations.
- Coordinates daily activities of assigned department/division; coordinates department projects and activities; monitors status of projects/workflow and troubleshoots problem situations; works to resolve problems and initiates appropriate action/response; coordinates communications and conveys information among department/division personnel; coordinates, conducts, or attends staff meetings to review department plans, progress, budgets, and other activities.
- Performs customer service functions; provides information/assistance regarding Funtay services, activities, procedures, timeframes, documentation, fees, or other issues; distributes forms/documentation as requested; responds to routine questions or complaints; researches problems/complaints and initiates problem resolution.
- Coordinates maintenance of department vehicles; coordinates pickup/delivery of vehicles for servicing, car washing, or other activities
- Provides executive/administrative support to the Executive (MD and Executive Chairman) such as administrative tasks; screens calls, mail, and e-mail messages and initiates appropriate action/response; composes, types, edits, or proofreads correspondence on behalf of Executive; records and/or transcribes dictation; keeps Executive informed of significant matters, messages, documentation, or other information; conducts special projects as directed
- Maintain professional knowledge levels by attending webinars, taking online programs, and following publications
- Coordinates and assists with creating and the implementation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and policies of a variety of department operations within designated time frames and per established procedures
- Assist IT & PR department in creating Social Media strategies and content for Funtay
- Compose and edit PowerPoint Presentations, make proposals, and compile bid/tender documents
- Provides administrative support and coordination for various meetings; coordinates meeting facilities, and refreshments; prepares and distributes agendas, meeting notices, meeting packets, and related documentation; records and/or transcribes meeting minutes; distributes meeting minutes to departments and other individuals; labels and indexes tapes of meetings; researches previous meeting minutes as needed; prepares monthly time sheets, coordinates arrangements for training activities and maintains records.
- Plans Management corporate and private events
- Answers telephone calls; ascertains nature of business, directs callers/visitors to appropriate personnel, and records/relays messages; retrieves messages from voice mail or answering machine; initiates and returns calls as necessary.
- Assist the Executive by being an alternative point of contact with Duties also include interfacing with clients
- Keep information confidential and secure through use of backups and appropriate security software
- Assist other employees as per the executive’s wishes
- At least 2 years of experience working as an Executive Assistant or in a similar position preferred
- B.Sc degree or Higher in Management, Accounting, Law, Engineering, Science, Technology, or Mathematics
- Executive Assistant or Personal Assitant Certification is a plus
- Strong organizational skills with an eye for detail
- Tech-savvy and acquainted with office management procedures
- Excellent critical thinking, organizational, and communication skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Please send CV in PDF format.