Exams Scheduler at the British Council
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Exams Scheduler
Pay band: 4
Location: Port Harcourt – Rivers
Contract type: Locally Engaged
- The purpose of this role is to support planning and tracking exams capacity requirements against demand from 18 months out on a 12-month rolling basis down to handover to Operations Managers for Resource Management and Test Day delivery.
- The role will translate demand into capacity/resource requirements for venues, people and test materials to fully optimise operations and margins while maintaining service levels, maximising agility and ensuring contingency. It will also monitor and review changes to plan reporting on requirements to fill capacity, effectiveness of Planning and cost to serve.
- This role will work across functions in country to ensure counterparts understand requirements and execute to plan on Test Day.
- Relevant experience of identifying suppliers in a business environment
- Experience in third party relationship management
- 2 years’ experience working within an Exams environment
- Experience of translating demand requirements to ensure capacity can be met to deliver operationally within a large business
- Experience managing small teams
- University degree in any subject or relevant qualification
- Experience in working across a dispersed team within a single country
Deadline: 31st December, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All applicants should have a pre-existing legal status to live and work in Nigeria.
- A connected and trusted UK in a more connected and trusted world.