Evaluation and Research Advisor at Panagora Group
Panagora Group, a small business specializing in monitoring, evaluation, and learning, global health, and international development, seeks an experienced monitoring advisor for an anticipated USAID/Nigeria Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning activity.
This is a long-term position based in Abuja, Nigeria expected to start in Spring 2021.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Work in close collaboration with the Monitoring Advisor and the Learning & Institutional Capacity Advisor to ensure that the MEL related needs of USAID/Nigeria are met including planning and budgeting for each assigned activity.
- Under the direction of the Deputy Chief of Party, lead evaluation and research activities, including planning and management; leading evaluation and assessment teams; and conducting activities to build capacity for USAID/Nigeria and Implementing Partners in M&E methodology.
- Engage with relevant USAID/Nigeria staff and implementing partners in the design and application of evaluation and assessment methodologies to meet the deliverables required under the MEL activity.
- Identify and execute appropriate agreed-upon methodology, field work, research, reporting and deliverables.
- Act as lead analyst for interpreting the results of surveys and other field data and be responsible for report preparation and finalization.
- Present updates, findings, and final reports to USAID/Nigeria and other stakeholders for MEL activity evaluations and assessments.
- Supervise long- and short- term technical staff engaged in evaluations and research.
- Other duties as assigned by the Deputy Chief of Party or Chief of Party.
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in development, social sciences, statistics, economics, or a related field.
- A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible professional experience in designing, implementing, managing, and analyzing the results of both evaluations and assessments for donor-funded mechanisms; experience working with USAID monitoring and evaluation mechanisms strongly preferred.
- A minimum of five years of relevant experience and technical expertise in a specialized field, which include the areas of: (1) economic growth and environment (i.e. agricultural development); (2) education; (3) health, populations, and nutrition; (4) HIV/TB; and (5) peace and democratic governance.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct field work and data collection in non-permissive environments, areas with hardship conditions, remote areas, and conflict-affected areas for extended periods of time.
- Skilled in remote and in-person quantitative and qualitative data collection, data analysis, and report writing. Advanced knowledge of statistical analysis and software such as STATA, NVIVO, etc. required.
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, verbal and written communication, presentation and facilitation skills with a minimum of three years of supervisory experience of staff and/or consultant teams.
- Meaningful professional experience in Nigeria a strong advantage.
- Fluency in English, written and spoken.
No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted. Only applicants who include the required application components will be considered.
Panagora Group is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Note: Panagora does not offer visa sponsorship at this time.