Environmental Specialist at QuantumX Energy Limited
QuantumX Energy Limited is a solar energy solutions provider with a mission of offering quality installation of solar energy systems, excellent prices, professional design engineering and complete customer orientation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Environmental Specialist (ES)
Type of Employment: Contract
Roles & Responsibilities
Overall Function of the Position:
- The Environmental and Social Safeguards Advisor (ESSA) will be responsible for all environmental and social safeguards relating to implementation of the Project.
Specific Duties of the Position
- Manages all aspects of the credit which involves collateral, social and environmental impacts on indigenous people watershed, flora and fauna within the project affected areas.
- Analyses potential community/individual sub-projects and their environmental impacts and ensures that sub-projects are implemented in accordance with best practices and guidelines of the World Bank.
- Identifies and liaises with all the stakeholders involved in environmental and social related issues in the Project.
- Collates baseline data on relevant environmental characteristics of the selected project sites.
- Ensures impact assessments are completed precisely, timely, thoroughly and completely in line with applicable standards and actions recommended for remedying adverse impacts are implemented thoroughly in a timely and efficient manner.
- Is responsible for the overall monitoring of mitigating measures and the impacts of the project during implementation.
- Provides implementation assistance as necessary.
- Minimum First Degree in Ecology, Geography, Natural Resources Management, Environmental Management, Agricultural / Environmental Engineering, Urban and Regional Planning, Land Use Planning or any related field.
- Minimum of 7 years relevant experience.
- Some experience with projects involving development agencies would be an advantage.
- Good communication and writing skills, and good working knowledge of Microsoft office suite.
Deadline: 30th November, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: email@example.com quoting the job title as the subject.