Engineering Manager (Software Development) at Moove
Prefer not to state
Moove is on a mission to redefine what large-scale rideshare leasing and vehicle ownership look like in Africa. We are developing an innovative model to rapidly improve the availability of vehicles for on-demand ridesharing services across major metro cities while also creating sustainable jobs for drivers.
Moove is a mobility asset finance company and is Uber’s preferred fleet partner across Sub-Saharan Africa. Our Vision is to democratize vehicle ownership and empower mobility entrepreneurs across Africa. Our Core values are Compassion, Excellence, Innovation, Teamwork, Trust, and Ownership.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Engineering Manager (Software Development)
About the Role
- We are looking for an experienced engineer and architect to join us and lead the buildout of our core platforms, teams, and expansion across Africa. The Engineering Manager position will report to the CTO and will work closely with operations team leads and country leads to implement an architectural roadmap for our applications and help to expand the engineering and product teams.
- You will lead multiple functional teams and manage the design, development, and delivery of technology and applications that totally powers every aspect of the business from driver onboarding and registration to real-time maintenance and analytics.
- Our ideal candidate must have considerable experience building, leading, and managing teams at a mid to large scale. This candidate needs to have knowledge and experience using both Frontend and Backend technologies as well as significant experience building scalable and fault-tolerant backend platforms along with the development of internal and external APIs with major emphases on real-time data. As an experienced engineer, we assume that you have superb knowledge of software architecture, API development, Microservices, and DevOps.
- We are looking for an Engineering Manager who will manage projects, tasks, and deliverables within our Tech team and also be a representative and ambassador for the team across the company as well as to external stakeholders. The ideal candidate for the role will be someone who is skilled in using Frontend & Backend Technologies and who also has experience managing multi-functional teams.
What You will Be Doing
- Work with the CTO, Country Leads, and Operation Team Leads to design and implements frameworks and applications that will support current operations and expansion
- Participate in code reviews, learning and spreading technical knowledge throughout all of the engineering, data, and otherwise, moving knowledge to documentation where appropriate
- Actively recruit, onboard, and train new engineers at Moove with a focus on building diverse teams
- Collaborate closely with the Team Leads, Engineers, UX, Design to turn designs and prototypes into well-crafted experiences that work seamlessly across all browsers and devices
- Provide leadership to engineers across functional pods to help set technical roadmaps and ensure on-time delivery of high-quality products
- AWS (EC2/ECS, Lambda, S3, Elasticsearch)
- RESTful APIs & GraphQL
- Django / NodeJS / ReactJS
- Elasticsearch / MongoDB
What You will need for this position:
- Overall development experience which includes leading and managing functional teams
- Great Communicator: Ability to work independently on assigned tasks while keeping stakeholders informed of progress, setbacks, and updated timelines
- Experience working with a startup is a huge plus
- Experience designing and implementing software architecture from start to finish
- Experience with agile development methodologies with Test Driven Development (TDD) and CD (Continuous Delivery)
KPIs that will be measured after you start:
- Performance of team leads assigned to you
- The success of product and project launches
- Availability, maintainability, and scalability of the architecture
- Adherence to project timelines and deadlines
Who You’ll Be Working with:
- Directly reporting to our Chief Technology Officer, and closely working with our Tech Team.
About the Team
- Our team is collaborative, positive, curious, and engaged. We think fast, work smart, laugh often, and are looking for like-minded people to join us in our mission to disrupt vehicle ownership and make cities better.
- Moove is strongly committed to diversity within its community.
- The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently.
Deadline: 30th April, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Pre-hiring Notice: Moove relies on the accuracy of the information contained in employment applications, as well as the accuracy of other data presented throughout the hiring process and during employment. Any misrepresentations, falsifications, or material omissions in any information or data provided by an applicant may result in the applicant being excluded from further consideration for employment or if an individual has already been hired, termination of employment.
- EEO Statement: Moove is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, political affiliation, or any other protected characteristic.