Electrical Supervisor (Refrigeration) at the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Electrical Supervisor (Refrigeration)
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
- Maintain electrical aspect of cold store, motor starter, motor controls and air conditioning unit;
- Conduct necessary tests including standard industry-approved troubleshooting methods to determine malfunctions and/or causes of breakdown of all assigned equipment;
- Perform preventive and breakdown maintenance on air conditioners and cold stores;
- Maintain mechanical aspect of cold store and air-conditioning unit;
- Troubleshoot cold store and circuits for correction;
- Installation of new cold store, chiller and dehumidifier both domestics and industrial;
- Perform additional related duties as requested by the supervisor.
- BSc / HND in Electrical Engineering or related field with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a well-structured environment.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have the ability to diagnose and rectify faults.
- Be honest and hardworking with good interpersonal and communication skills.
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Deadline: 9th March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates shouldapply to the Head of Human Resources, by submitting a copy of their Curriculum Vitae (including the selected crop he/she is applying for), names and addresses of three referees.
Click here to apply online
- Only selected candidates will be contacted and then asked to submit a financial offer to be negotiated with IITA.
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from women candidates.