Electrical Engineer in an Oil & Gas Company
PTK Consulting Limited – Our client, who is into diverse Businesses across Nigeria, is looking to hire an experienced candidate for the position below in their Oil & Gas SBU:
Job Title: Electrical Engineer
Employment Type: Full-time
Roles and Responsibilities
- Accountability for the design of a complex electrical system for an oil and gas facility
- A role in Electrical Maintenance / Operations on an oil and gas facility
- Electrical / Project Engineering or Site Management roles available in a wide variety of locations
- Implement project/client requirements into electrical design.
- Prepare specifications, data sheets, cable schedules and interface schedules.
- Produce material take-off and material requisition.
- Review Bids and Technical Evaluation.
- Design and checking of single lines, schematics and wiring diagrams, area classification, grounding, panel / cable schedules, equipment layout, cable layout, tray layout, lighting and installation details without supervision.
- Review and coordinate electrical 3D model with the other disciplines.
- Prepare electrical load list, schematic diagrams, single line diagrams, cable schedules and MTO using Smart Plant Electrical.
- Perform power system studies (short circuit, coordination, motor starting, arc flash, harmonics) using ETAP.
- Perform Insulation coordination and transient study using PSCAD or EMTP software.
- Perform calculations for equipment sizing, UPS, cable sizing, lighting, grounding and heat tracing.
- Review and coordinate electrical 2D AutoCAD / Micro-station drawings.
- Supervise and coordinate the activity of a small group of drafters, junior / intermediate designers and/or junior / intermediate engineers.
- Review vendor drawings.
- Visit construction / plant sites and fabrication shops during design phase on as required basis.
- Provide construction support and perform pre-commissioning and start-up activities for electrical systems when required
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree in relevant fields.
- Minimum of 5 – 10 years experience.
N300,000 – N350,000 monthly.
Deadline: 31st August, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Electrical Engineer” as the subject of the mail.