Education Coordinator at the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) | Borno South & Adamawa
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Education Coordinator
Webcruiter ID: 4292998990
Locations: Borno South & Yola, Adamawa
Employment Type: Contract
Percentage of Full-time: 100
Start Date: 20/10/2020
End Date: 31/12/2020
Reports to: The Education Coordinator reports to the Area Manager (South) with technical management by the Education Specialist.
- NRC is looking for an Education Coordinator for our Borno South and Adamawa State Area office in North-East Nigeria.
- The purpose of the Education Coordinator position is to lead and implement the Area Office Education project portfolio according to Plan of Action.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Adhering to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Preparing monitoring documents, workplans, activity reports, spending plans and procurement plans for activities.
- Ensuring that quality activities are implemented on time and in compliance with organizational and donor requirements.
- Conducting regular field visits to project locations to ensure timeliness and quality of implementation in the field and provide regular updates on project status.
- Promoting the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Line managing Education Officers and Assistants in field offices and providing them with technical and administrative support in their duties.
- Identifying capacity gaps and providing informal capacity development for staff.
- Contributing to the development of country education strategies and project design.
- Applying protection and prevention mechanisms in all project activities and interactions to ensure the safety and wellbeing of staff and beneficiaries
- Managing and monitoring project budgets and ensuring spending is compliant with the project budget.
- Representing NRC in meetings and coordination with education actors in the area, communities and LGA education and government representatives.
- Supporting the Education Specialist on development of proposals, concept notes and contextualization of activities and materials.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience implementing education in a humanitarian, development or recovery context
- Experience coordinating with local government and community representatives
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Candidates with University or Advanced Degree preferred; significant experience in the field of Education, PSS or Child Protection will be considered in lieu
- Experience working in complex and volatile contexts
- Technical education expertise in education programming
- Development of reports, workplans and other project planning tools
- Experience managing staff
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Context-Specific Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Knowledge of the humanitarian situation and implementation challenges in Northeast Nigeria
- Fluency in Hausa and one other spoken language in Borno Central and/or Borno North
- Experience liaising with multiple stakeholders at the LGA level an asset
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Empowering and building trust
- Handling insecure environments
- Planning and delivering results
We Can Offer
- Commencement: October 20th, 2020
- Duration: 3 months (renewable)
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions Grade Level 7
- Duty Station: Yola – covering Area South
- Travel: Frequent travels outside Yola is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
Deadline: 8th October, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Procedures and CV Registration
- Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV.
- There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location.