Director of Works and Services at the University of Port Harcourt
The University of Port Harcourt was established in 1975 as a College of the University of Lagos and gained full autonomous status in 1977. The University is a Centre of Academic Excellence with a mandate to provide qualitative and research oriented education in the Niger Delta region and Nigeria at large.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and interested candidates for appointment in the position below:
Job Title: Director of Works and Services
Location: Choba, Port Harcourt – Rivers
Qualifications / Experience
The right candidate for the position must possess:
- A good Honours Degree in Engineering from a recognized University and must be registered with the Council of Engineers of Nigeria (COREN).
- At least fifteen (15) years post qualification cognate experience, most of which preferably, should be in engineering services relevant to a University Works Department.
- A good and practical knowledge of computer application.
- A verifiable track record of competence, responsiveness, demonstrable integrity and transparency, ability to work in a team and be able to function with minimum supervision.
Conditions of Service
- The conditions attached to the position are as applicable in Nigerian University System.
- The appointment shall be for a term of five (5) years.
Deadline: 2nd December, 2021.
Method Of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to forward ten (10) copies of their applications accompanied with detailed Curriculum Vitae including names and addresses of three (3) referees with a set of photocopies of certificates and relevant credentials to:
University of Port Harcourt,
Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
- Envelopes containing the applications must be marked “Application for the position of Director of Works and Services”.
- Candidates should also request the referees to forward references on their behalf, under confidential cover directly to the Registrar.