Director, Investment Development and Management at the Ogun State Government (OGUNINVEST)
The Ogun State Government has established an Investment Promotion and Facilitation Agency – Ogun State Investment Promotion and Facilitation Agency (OgunInvest) with a mandate to promote, attract and facilitate opportunities for private sector investments that will accelerate the economic development of the State.
OgunInvest will play a key role in ensuring the State leverages on its comparative advantages to drive key investment projects and support Ogun States vision to be the industrial base of the nation and preferred destination for investment in the region.
The Agency’s primary function will be to develop and implement a comprehensive investment promotion and facilitation Strategy and Implementation Plan that will enable an investor-friendly environment, able to attract Domestic and International investment and foster economic growth. This will include leading on investment promotion activities such as Greenfield investments, lead generation, investor targeting and investor aftercare activities, as well as support sector-specific policy advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director Investment Development and Management
Location: Abeokuta, Ogun
Report: Director General OgunInvest
- Reporting to the Director General of OgunInvest, Director Investment Development and Management will be responsible for managing the process of proactively promoting State Investment opportunities and attracting enquiries from private sector investors to the state.
- The role will also entail converting enquiries to operational investments that create jobs and supply chain opportunities.
Function Objectives and Principal Tasks
- Participate in the development of the OGUNINVEST annual strategic plan relating to sector-focused investment promotion.
- Adopt an innovative client-centred approach and exploit networks and partnerships to maximize the flow of DDI and FDI into Ogun State.
- Improve awareness of investment opportunities in the State among selected targeted investors.
- Sector and Investment Deal Book Development
- Secure investors for specific opportunities in selected, prioritised sectors
- Delivery of investor targeting and outreach services
- Maintain an effective Investor / Customer Relationship Management and management reporting process.
- Provide Aftercare services to investors.
- Effective management of the Agency Investor enquiry process
- Prepare monthly management reports
- Identify, analyse, promote and negotiate opportunities for investors to enter into partnerships with the state to enhance the State’s physical infrastructure and business environment.
- Develop programs of reform together with state and federal MDA’s that remove priority constraints to private sector investment in State
Key Qualifications / Competencies
- First Degree from a reputable institution with Post Graduate Qualification in a Business related field – Finance, Economics or Business related discipline.
- Minimum of 8 years relevant work experience of which at least 5 years should have been at senior management level
- Experience of private sector B2B sales and Business Development in an international or multinational context
- Experience of Sector and Investment Deal Book Development
- Excellent knowledge of Foreign and Domestic Direct Investment drivers
- Proven record of successful implementation of partnerships, key account management, cost-effective business processes, developing and maintaining customer relationships
- Experience of strategy development, researching and identification of industry sectors / businesses opportunities and delivering on targets
- Experience of conducting primary and secondary research and familiar with data sources.
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Proactive with an excellent work ethic
- Dynamism, energy and positive disposition enough to motivate others
- Good understanding of opportunities and constraints at State and National levels
- Strong personal networks amongst public and private sector bodies at state and federal levels.
- Well-developed networks within key stakeholder groups locally and international
- High level of determination, persistence, tenacity, self-control and ability to work under pressure
- Strong IT Skills and Knowledge
Deadline: 28th December, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates submit their Applications to: email@example.com with “Director, Investment Development and Management – OgunInvest” as subject of the email.
Applications should include:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Profile of previous work done relating to Investment promotion, attraction and development
- Contact details (Address, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses) to include State of Origin and Date of birth