Development Alternatives Incorporated (DAI) Recent Job Recruitment
Development Alternatives Incorporated (DAI) is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries.
Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, Strategic Communications & Knowledge Management
Location: Abuja (with travel to program offices in Nigeria and work locations)
Job Code: 6886
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Senior Manager, Strategic Communications & Knowledge Management (Unit Head)
- The Manager, Strategic Communications & Knowledge Management will provide strategic inputs and operation support to the implementation of the DAI strategic communication, knowledge management, and learning portfolio.
- In line with the knowledge management & communications strategy, he/she will work under the guidance of the Head of the unit and a multidisciplinary team to produce high impact deliverables – such as newsletters, case studies, discourse events, websites, knowledge sharing events, social media, online resource platforms, media products, and media campaigns – that are relevant for project teams, employees and clients.
- This is a management role and will require technical rigor and leadership skills as well as strong hands-on capabilities in research, technical writing, concept design and implementation.
- The Knowledge Management and Strategic Communications Manager will provide inputs into the development of strategies processes, and initiatives to improve business development, corporate services and program delivery.
Qualifications and Person Specifications:
- A Master’s degree in a Humanities course such as Mass Communications, Literature, Law, knowledge management or a relevant field from a top university.
- Over 8 years of work experience with steadily increasing responsibility with at least 5 years of them in international development in research & analysis, communications, or knowledge management roles.
- Good qualitative and quantitative research skills and the ability to deliver technically rigorous documents.
- Professionalism and demonstrated experience working effectively with project teams
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to synthesize large amounts of information, and repurpose messages for different audiences.
- High attention to detail and commitment to high-quality work.
- Cross-cultural competence, comfortable engaging in a global firm, a proven ability to work across multiple business functions and proficient at managing stakeholders.
Responsibilities and Competencies:
Corporate Services Responsibilities:
- Knowledge Products: ability to write analytical reviews, evidence-based opinion pieces, success stories, case studies, resources, guides and toolkits.
- Branding: understand DAI brand and how to use visual elements.
- External & Internal Communications: development of internal & external newsletter
- Learning: engage partners and learning champions to lead the coordination of learning activities.
- Website Management: Identify and curate technical content for the DAI website in collaboration with Bethesda office Corporate Communications unit.
- Employee Engagement: Develop tools and initiatives to engage employees and improve performance.
Programme Delivery Responsibilities:
- Billable Work: undertake billable project work in proven areas of expertise for various clients including external clients, projects and DAI Business units.
- Quality Assurance: maintain quality and ensure DAI’s standards for all externally-shared products are met for products such as reports, leaflets, event posters, newsletters, social media.
Business Development Responsibilities:
- Strategic Communication: implement strategies to increase visibility and brand credibility among target audiences to support Business Development positioning.
- Discourse Events: conceptualize, plan, manage, and execute successful knowledge sharing events including roundtables, seminars/webinars, workshops, conferences, and peer learning sessions.
- Other duties as specified by the Head, Strategic Communication & Knowledge Management
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: Not Specified.