Dev-Afrique Development Advisor Current Job Opportunity – Apply Now!
Dev-Afrique Development Advisors is a social-impact organization of strategy and development professionals committed to solving complex challenges on the African continent. With networks across African countries, we provide high-level advisory and develop unique strategies for non-profit organizations and start-ups in emerging and frontier markets in Africa. Our expertise extends across agriculture, environment and climate change, financial inclusion, health, water sanitation and hygiene, and public policy. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Associate Consultant (Geospatial)
Job Type: Full-time
Job Category: Remote / Full-time and / or Co-Working Space / Hot Desk
About the Position:
- We are looking for an associate consultant who is passionate about data and understands the use of geospatial data to guide public health decisions.
- A successful fit for this position will be an early to mid-career consultant who can multitask, collaborate, and communicate expertly with diverse stakeholders (high-level officials, international NGOs, local or sub-national authorities). This consultant will have technical and user- centric understanding of geospatial data. It is a great position for someone who plays at the intersection of social impact and data for decision-making.
While this work will be variable, some of the tasks may include:
- Support stakeholder relationships across the government, GIS user communities, and international organisations.
- Co-design research framework on government and private geodata use and strategies related to public health.
- Generate insights from qualitative and quantitative research to analyze and present results.
- Design and manage the project implementation framework by effectively interpreting the project scope and deliverables.
- Optimally perform analysis, construct a logical framework, and create high quality deliverables.
- Develop, analyse and interprete data obtained from conducted research using GIS tools
- Actively participate in task involving monitoring and evaluation, urban and town planning, environmental management, land development, etc.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree (B.Sc) in Computer Science, Energy, Engineering, Natural and Biological Sciences, Technology, and related fields. Advanced degree is an added advantage.
- 3+ years of experience as a data analyst, research analyst or in a similar position.
- Previous experience conducting research in agriculture, artificial intelligence and machine learning, environmental management, land development or health.
- Proficiency in the use of geospatial technology (e.g ArcGIS, QGIS, Remote sensing, GPS).
- Proficiency skills in programming languages such as R or Python are essential. Extensive work with geospatial machine learning tasks
- Familiarity with Linux/Bash and associate geo libraries, such as gdal are ideal.
- Experienced in using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), ArcGIS story maps, database management systems and any of the data visualization software, like MySQL, Tableau, Google Analytics or PowerBI)
- Ability to develop error-free independent report without third party support.
- Strong research, reporting and presentation skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively manage high-level relationships.
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to make well-thought-out decisions.
- Prior experience preferably in consulting or development is an advantage.
- Knowledge of data collection tools: ODK Collect, Geo ODK, Kobo Collect, Survey Monkey, DHIS2 or others. Proficiency in DHIS2 is an advantage.
- Research background in spatial statistics (e.g., autocorrelation) quantitative urban and rural geography, and spatial epidemiology would be an asset
- Start-up compatibility, hands-on mentality, integrity and dependability
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Application Deadline: 17th June, 2022.