Machineyard – Our client, a Multinational Construction company in Nigeria is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Depot & Logistics Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full-time
- The Depot and Logistics Manager is responsible for working in conjunction with the logistics department to devise strategy and create solutions that will increase customer service levels and provide cost saving opportunities for the organization through effective logistics fleet deployment that would meet the maximum safety standard.
- He/she is also to ensure the effective planning, coordination of all depot operations, and initiate/ implement the depot strategy for effective resources deployment with the aim of achieving effective stock management/depot profitability
- Bachelor’s degree or HND in relevant course.
- Professional certificate in Logistics/Supply chain management
- Strong understanding of Logistics and sales functions as well as logistic process & scheduling procedures
- Ability to interpret financial data and estimate costs (analytical skills)
- Capability to drive safety standards within logistics and transportation activities.
- Willingness to be on call 24 hours per day in case of emergency (personal involvement and openness)
- Analytical and strategic thinking
- Business Discipline/Masters Degree is an added advantage
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Supply Chain or logistics
- Experience of managing teams and external contractor
- Strong Commercial acumen, with excellent communication, influence
- Facilitate the development of a robust health and safety procedure inline with the requirement of the organization
- Responsible for the provision of effective transport services to support and service customers i.e Flatbeds, Bulk Tanker
- Responsible for all transport contracts performance to ensure full compliance with provisions by all parties
- Ensure all fleet in the transport operations comply strictly with the Health and Safety Provisions as contained in the Road Safety Advisories
- Coordinate all depot Operations to ensure good are received and dispatched according to company policy and procedures.
- Initiate and implement depot strategy to guarantee effective human and resource management across the depots with the aim of ensuring the profitability of each depot
- Work in conjunction with the logistics department to initiate the re-distribution of products from the depots/hubs to ensure customers satisfaction and take opportunities of servicing emerging markets
- Liaise with customers service and sales to initiate replenish orders and create stock visibility across the depots
- Coordinate all depot activities to ensure proper stock management and minimize stock out and damages while also ensure customers service at all times.
- Works with the Logistics team in monitoring in analyzing the performance of the contracted trucks with a view to achieve the projected savings of the full year transport cost
- Develop relationship management strategies to manage existing drivers and transporters unions, key transporters, government agencies, traditional rulers and pressure groups most especially in communities where we have business operations and financial institutions supporting logistics service providers.