Dean, School of Business and Entrepreneurship at the American University of Nigeria (AUN)
American University of Nigeria (AUN) – Located in Yola, Adamawa State of Nigeria, the University is a world-class career-oriented institution missioned to be an agent of change in the development of the region. AUN has a strong commitment to providing the skills and the leadership essential to solving the continent’s critical social and economic problems. The University offers an American-style education modelled after the curriculum of American universities with corresponding approaches to teaching and students’ assessment.
The University is committed to an agenda of excellence and provides an atmosphere where faculty are welcomed and safe, and treasured through development, recognition, and involvement.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Dean, School of Business and Entrepreneurship
Location: Yola, Adamawa
- Reporting to the Provost, the Dean of the School provides academic leadership and operational management for the School consistent with the University’s mission, strategic direction, and identity as an entrepreneurial and development oriented higher education institution.
- The Dean plays a critical role in supporting program innovation and improving student experience aligned to needs of business, development needs of the region and nation, is a critical interface for collaborative ventures with other segments of the University, industry partners and international organizations on shared goals.
- The Dean plays a vital role in enabling research across the key domains of all academic business areas supporting a vibrant academic culture.
- A Doctorate Degree from an internationally-recognized and accredited university.
- A strong commitment to development, an understanding of the essential values of academic integrity, civility, collegiality and diversity in a community of learners, and a distinguished record of achievements in scholarship and service are also required.
- The Dean would normally be expected to be at least an Associate Professor with substantial academic experience.
- Candidates who have experience working on business and entrepreneurship development projects are especially encouraged to apply as well as experience supervising and participating in funded projects.
- At least 5 (five) years of senior level administrative experience at an institution of higher education; 2 – 4 years’ experience as a Dean is a desirable.
- A strategic thinker with the ability to build effective institutional partnerships.
- Demonstrable ability to clearly articulate the School’s vision and mission to stakeholders, including t students, faculty, alumni, and external funding agencies.
Application Closing Date
1st June, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Resumes, Cover Letters and References to: email@example.com The position being applied for should be the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AUN is an equal-opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, creed, color, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion, or marital status.