Data Systems Senior Specialist at Panagora Group
Panagora Group, a woman-owned, small business providing novel and integrated solutions in global health and international development.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Systems Senior Specialist
Job Opening ID: 515
Job type: Full time
Project / Activity: USAID / Nigeria Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
- We seeks an experienced monitoring advisor for an anticipated USAID / Nigeria Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning activity.
- This is a long-term position based in Abuja, Nigeria expected to start in Spring 2021.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Public Health, International Development, or Social Science that emphasizes Data Management and Research Methods. Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of five years of relevant work experience in data management, analysis, interpretation, and visualization.
- Minimum of three years of experience supporting monitoring, evaluation and learning activities for donor-funded mechanisms, preferably with USAID experience.
- Experience with the Nigeria Monitor® system.
- Demonstrated ability to work in non-permissive environments, areas with hardship conditions, remote areas, and conflict-affected areas for extended periods of time.
- Advanced knowledge of statistical analysis and software such as STATA, NVIVO, etc.
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, verbal and written communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Meaningful professional experience in Nigeria a strong advantage.
- Strong English oral and written communication skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead data management from internal and external sources, including the collection and processing of quantitative and qualitative data, and support planning, design and implementation processes for data management priorities under the MEL activity.
- Work with MEL activity team to ensure that the data management needs of USAID / Nigeria are met including planning and budgeting for each assigned activity.
- In close collaboration with the Monitoring Advisor and the GIS senior specialist, execute enhancements to the Monitor system, ensuring that the system serves as a resource and management tool especially for the Mission’s CORs.
- Collaboratively develop strategies to creatively incorporate data, analytics, and data visualization into various content and product delivery.
- Coordinate knowledge capturing, sharing, and strategic learning to speed performance-based adaptations and bring new innovations to the USAID Mission’s programmatic work in country.
- Determine the best way to present data, tell stories, and convey messages to different audiences using qualitative and quantitative insights in collaboration with the GIS Specialist and other technical staff.
- In collaboration with other MEL activity staff, plan and implement dissemination activities for sharing research results, other program assessments, and findings of monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Produce content for reports, events, success stories, and other communication products, individually or in collaboration with others.
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief of Party or designated supervisor.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted. Only applicants who include the required application components will be considered.
- Panagora Group is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
- Panagora does not offer visa sponsorship at this time.