Zola Electric Nigeria combines Silicon Valley technology with local expertise to offer homes and businesses a long-term solar solution to an unreliable grid. Adaptable to both energy needs and income, Zola Electric Nigeria’s solution can be bought over time through a leasing structure. The first few watts starts a chain reaction that enables people to achieve commonly held aspirations: security, education, access to information, and a longer and more efficient day.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Scientist
- The Data Scientist will play a critical role in designing and implementing enhancements to our data analytics strategy. The position will involve working with our Hardware and Software teams and external partners to analyze the functional needs, translate them into technical requirements and implement them.
- Continuously explore data to improve models
- Translate functional needs in technical descriptions how to collect, extract and analyze data,
- Drive improvements in efficiency, automation, cleaning, transformations, and error detection
- Gain understanding from domain experts on functional need from stakeholders and business problems or objectives
- Implement new models in engineering stack all the way into production
- Propose visualizations and embedding in the business process or products
- Being able to explain and communicate models to non-native data engineers
- Introduce (machine learning) models to diagnose and forecasting tools based on designs
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Math, Econometrics or equivalent
- AWS basics
- At least 2 years of Python or similar experience
- Able to translation of business needs/requirements into technical requirements
- 3-5 years of experience in business, data analytics or data scientist role
- Expert-level SQL relational data experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Planning and Organizing Skills
- Time Management Skills
- Able to build out data resources needed
Experience with the following is a bonus:
- Worked with distributed teams (Collaborative)
- Looker or other BI/dashboarding experience
- Deployment on OSS stack
- Different software building best practices, like Agile or Kanban working
- Preferred locations are Lagos, Nigeria (virtual) or Arusha, Tanzania, although this role can be fulfilled on-site and remotely.
- We have offices in East Africa, West Africa, Europe and the western United States.
- You will need to be available for working meetings and collaboration with colleagues in these locations / time zones.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply