Daily Times of Nigeria Plc recruitment for Publishing Director
The Daily Times of Nigeria Plc is an information technology and services company based out of Reverend V. A. Roberts 43/45 Coldharbour Lane, London, Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Publishing Director
Location: Federal Capital Territory, Nigeria
- The Publishing Director oversees the content teams of a publication in order to create engaging content for print or digital. Their duties include approving proofs, setting publication goals, and generating content ideas.
- Your ultimate goal will be to provide exceptional, informative, and appealing content to attract our targeted audience and build customer loyalty. You will perform a range of tasks including evaluating proofs, setting publication goals, designing content, and generating story ideas.
- As the Editor, you will demonstrate a good eye for detail and know-how to manage all the moving parts of a publication. To excel in this position, the successful candidate will also possess excellent communication, editing, proofreading, and sales skills.
- They should be a veteran news media professional with deep understanding and experience of news publishing across geographies and should hold a second degree with not less than 10 years of media practice, with the last five being at the executive suite of a major media conglomerate.
- Design the contents of publications based on the company’s publication’s style, editorial policy, and publishing specifications.
- Establish publication standards and goals.
- Research and authenticate facts, dates, and statistics.
- Evaluate and approve design proofs submitted by the media room prior to publication production.
- Develop a target-specific editorial strategy to create great contents for readers’ engagements
- Revive and activate other titles on the newspaper’s stable, namely; Business Times, Sunday Times, and Lagos Weekend.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to a team of editors, journalists, designers, information specialists, online journalists, and photographers.
- Recommend stories and produce headline ideas to attract our target audience.
- Coordinate with designers, photographers, writers, and artists.
- Hire and supervise writers, reporters, and other media team employees.
- Meet tight deadlines and monitor budgets.
- Proofread and edit stories or art pieces.
- Editorial management of Digital Products and Brands e.g CAX, Daily Times Digital, etc.
- Create and introduce new sections that capture the popular demand of our readers and capable of boosting the public profile of the newspaper.
- Ensure the regular publication of exclusive stories and interviews to elicit brand differentiation and readers’ engagement across the news platform company.
- Direct the editorial focus toward social advocacy against negative conducts in the nation’s socio-economic and political space.
- Ensure the entire editorial team adheres strictly to professional ethics and corporate integrity.
- Submit entries for credible national and international media awards.
- Promote balance and fair reporting of all manners of people, political ideas, and other diversities.
- Closely monitor all editorial contents to prevent incidents of libelous litigations.
- Pursue the participation of the company’s titles in national and international media events.
- Explore editorial-driven business partnerships in liaison with Regional Directors in Kano and Port-Harcourt.
- Editorial production of the group e.g. special project Nigeria Our Heritage (NOH)
- Undertake other tasks as may be assigned by the Publisher.
- Have excellent grammar and spelling skills
- Have an eye for detail and be very accurate in their work
- Have imagination and good visual sense
- Have good it skills, including knowledge of word processing and design programs
- Have leadership skills and the ability to be diplomatic and fair
- Have sales skills to improve publication sales
- Be able to give clear, accurate instructions
- Understand their target audience
- Have good organizational skills
- Be able to make decisions
- Be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Be prepared to work long hours if required.