Current Vacancies at 9mobile Nigeria
9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Specialist, Corporate Security
Location: Lagos, NG
- Responsible for the strategy and the development and oversight of policies and programmes to mitigate security risk to personnel, physical and digital assets.
- Coordinate the provision of travel security for EMTS CXOs, VIPs, local and expatriate staff/guests.
- Maintain and update record of staff category that requires travel security.
- Participate in the evaluation and selection of security service providers for armed travel securities.
- Participate in the administration of contract/service level agreement with security service providers.
- Advise travel security officers(Drivers & Armed men) of travel itinerary of relevant staff.
- Coordinate the provision of travel security to relevant staff to and fro the airport/approved event venue and ensure the best route plan is adhered to.
- Monitor the activities of the travel security officers to ensure optimal performance and adherence to agreed service level.
- Liaise with Coordinator, Protocol to ensure that security fleet vehicles are always available and roadworthy.
- Monitor the activities of the Control Room Analysts and optimal performance of the control room.
- Supervises the security drivers and ensure the assigned escort vehicles are working optimally.
- Keep track of travel security incidents/threats and recommend steps to mitigate travel risks.
- Assist to manage relationship with security agencies and service providers in the achievement of corporate goal.
- Attend team/divisional/departmental meetings as required.
- Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of the Corporate Security Manager.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Regional Security Manager.
- First degree or its equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- Minimum of four (4) years relevant work experience.
Job Title: Manager, Regional Security
Location: Lagos & South West
- Coordinate the provision of efficient and effective security services support to safeguard the EMTS’s assets and personnel in assigned region.
- Supervise all EMTS activities in assigned region to ensure compliance with Security standards, policies, and procedures.
- Provide input into the development of crisis management plan.
- Advice on appropriate contingencies to ensure that EMTS’ business and assets are adequately secured and protected.
- Keep abreast of global and local best practice as it relates to the security activities.
- Continuously review the unit/team’s activities, make recommendations for improvement, and implement approved improvement initiatives to ensure enhanced performance of the team.
- Identify required resources, personnel, infrastructure required to achieve the unit strategy.
- Maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders i.e. relevant security agencies (SSS, Nigerian Police, Army and NSCDC etc.).
- Update the security policies and procedures on a regular basis in line with environmental realities and innovation.
- Monitor Service level Agreement (SLA)with security service providers in assigned region.
- Conduct spot checks/ random site visit to all business locations within assigned region.
- Train EMTS personnel in regional offices on security policies and procedures.
- Participate in the deployment of up-to-date security equipment for locations in assigned regions.
- Manage activities of security officers in assigned region ensuring optimal service delivery and compliance with stated policies and procedures.
- Monitor the effectiveness/efficiency of security systems on an on-going basis and proffer appropriate recommendation.
- Identify and recommend relevant security enhancement equipment (surveillance and electronic security systems),programs and initiatives to ensure the organization’s assets are adequately protected
- Coordinate the processing of identity/access cards for all staff, visitors, and contractors in assigned region.
- Manage and control access to EMTS facilities in assigned region.
- Ensure incidents and crisis are proactively and promptly identified, managed, and mitigated effectively.
- Investigate all incidents/security breaches in assigned regions and report to Head, Security and HS.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with laid down Security policies and procedures.
- Investigate and report on industrial accidents and recommend ways of preventing future occurrence.
- Coordinate the training in collaboration with Manager, HS of all personnel in assigned region on safety response techniques and general HS awareness.
- Plan and manage the human and material resources of the team/ function to optimize performance, morale and enhance productivity.
- Manage inter-functional relations to ensure synergy across the various departmental functions.
- Provide leadership and guidance to subordinates, monitoring performance towards the achievement of overall team objectives.
- Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of the Head, Security and HS.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Head, Security and HS.
- First degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- Postgraduate/ professional qualification in a related field will be an added advantage.
- Five (5) to nine (9) year work experience, with at least three (3) years in a supervisory role.