Currency Trader at United Bank for Africa (UBA)
United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Currency Trader
- Monitor global currency markets for price movements.
- Monitor and analyse developments in the external environment and their implications on third currencies to facilitate trading decisions.
- Seal and cover trades at competitive prices for African subsidiaries, local banks and internal customers (Treasury Sales).
- Reconcile trades booked with platform blotter to ensure accuracy of information captured.
- Build and Maintain Relationships
- Build trust relationship with African subsidiaries, local banks and internal customers (Treasury Sales).
- Generate Daily Settlement for back-office (Treasury Ops FCY) by end of day for settlement
- Daily generation of trade blotter for submission to Market Risk/Internal Control/ Finance.
- Evaluate technical analysis (charts) to identify trading opportunities.
- Ensure compliance with approved trade size and daily acceptable loss limits.
- Prepare EOM blotter and income statement for signoff by the Group Treasurer, Internal Control and Performance Management.
- Conduct market intelligence into third currencies activities and provide market commentary and views for the Treasury newsletter .
- Manage relationships in accordance with policies, procedures and legal requirements.
- Review Master Agreements with foreign and local banks for adequacy of content.
- Liaise with other market participants; and implement market development initiatives.
- Generate reports for relevant stakeholders
- Generate Daily Settlement for Liquidity Management by end of day for funding