Consultant – Vocational Skills Acquisition Training at Pro-Health International (Adamawa and Bauchi)
Pro-Health International (PHI) is a non-Profit, non-Governmental organization supporting Health and Development work in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant – Vocational Skills Acquisition Training
Locations: Adamawa and Bauchi
Introduction / Overview
- Pro-Health International is currently leading a 5-year USAID Funded local partners capacity strengthening project known as Integrated Child Health and Social Services Award (ICHSSA4) in consortium with Catholic Relief Services (CRS).
- The ICHSSA4 project is designed to scale up care and support for OVCs and their care givers in Bauchi and Adamawa State.
- Vocational Skills acquisition training in selected Communities of Adamawa and Bauchi states
Purpose and Objective
- The objective of the Vocational Skills acquisition trainings is to provide theoretical and hands-on practical trainings on various vocational skills for beneficiaries of ICHSSA4 project.
- The trades that trainees will learn are those that have significant market demand around their local economy or environment and not traditional skills/trades with limited market share.
- The trainees are mostly adolescents and therefore the choice of skills should be both marketable and attractive person in this life stage.
- Preference will be given to trades that have short training duration, relatively low startup capital without compromising the factor of market demand.
Scope and Geographical Coverage:
- The training will be conducted in both rural and pen-urban communities in the 14 LGAs in Adamawa state (Fufore, Girei, Guyuk, Hong, Jada, Mayo-Belwa, Michika, Mubi South, Mubi North, Shelleng, Song, Toungo, Yola South, Yola North ) and 19 LGAs in Bauchi state (Bauchi, Dass, Jamaare, Katagum, Misau, Shira, Tafawa Balewa, Toro, Zaki, Alkaleri, Bogoro, Dambam, Darazo, Gamawa, Ganjuwa, Giade, ltas Gadau, Kirfi, Ninge). A total of 2000 adolescents will participate in the training across these LGAs.
Approach and Methodology:
- The Consultant should propose the detailed approach and methodology that will ensure the safety of-the trainees, transfer of soft skills including financial education, off taking of trainee’s products or market linkage post-training; environmental sustainability, capacity to simultaneously deploy multiple Master Trainers in different locations; regular attendance by trainees.
PHI seeks expressions of interest from Consultant(s) with the following skills/qualifications in conducting Vocational Skills acquisition trainings. Key requirements of the Consultant(s) include:
- At least 5-10 years relevant experience and proven expertise in conducting vocational and Technical Vocational Entrepreneurial Training (TVET) and job placement. Relevant specific experience with conducting these types of trainings in Northeast Nigeria is highly desirable.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to conduct discussions with a diverse group of people
- Ability to conduct on-site training in communities where most of the trainees reside
- Proof of implementing similar assignments for reputable organizations including NGOs, government institutions
- Affiliation with tertiary institutions for the accreditation and certification of trainees will be desirable
- Excellent networking skills with private and public sector institutions;
- Willingness and ability to travel to rural communities in Northeast Nigeria and work in a complex and security-sensitive environment. Proficiency in local language (s) in the area is desirable.
- The training is expected to be completed within a period of 40 calendar days from the date the contract is signed.
Deadline: 2pm WAT; 28th August, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates Applications should include the following:
- Certificate of registration/incorporation, memorandum and articles of association and valid Tax clearance certificate including Tax Identification Number (TIN)
- Vendor must be a licensed/authorized vendor for services to be rendered (please provide supporting documentation).
- Company profile (briefly reflecting the core competencies, key management personnel and clearly stating the physical verifiable office address, mobile number and e-mail address).
- Track record – past performance references from previous clients.
- Vendor must include corporate capacity and technical capability.
- Applicable government taxes will be deducted prior to making payments for services rendered.
All bids / applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope and addressed to:
The Procurement Committee,
Plot 49, Cadastral B09 (Directly behind Lake View Homes Phase 1 Jabi Abuja),
Note: Direct all enquiries via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org