Consultant (MM / Videographer / Filmmaker) at the International Organization for Migration (IOM)
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) – Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant (MM / Videographer / Filmmaker)
- The Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration Project, Overall videography and filmmaking support to assist in documenting reintegration stories and other stories within the projects**
- Working under the overall supervision of the Awareness Raising Officer, Lagos, and Public Information Officer, Abuja, the Consultant – Videographer will be responsible for filming and photography of stories of reintegration projects, community-based awareness-raising activities, Migration Governance in Edo, Delta, Lagos and Abuja.
- He or she will also be responsible for developing an e-photobook documenting the various activities and achievements of thematic areas under the EU-IOM joint Initiative for Migrant Protection and Reintegration in Nigeria – reintegration, protection, counter-trafficking, data, migration governance, labour migration, mental health and psychosocial support (MHPSS) and awareness-raising activities.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
In collaboration with IOM Nigeria, the consultant is responsible for the following tasks:
- Film and edit 6 videos of 2 minutes each on IOM’s reintegration, community-based awareness-raising activities in Nigeria across Lagos, Edo and Delta states.
- Deliver final video, B-rolls, footage and photos with description filmed during the assignment for IOM’s media library through We transfer or Google drive and via hard drive
- Work in collaboration with IOM Nigeria in adhering to IOM and EU branding
- In collaboration with IOM Nigeria team, provide a detailed script/storyboard before footage to guide filming and photography. This will be reviewed by IOM and should be adhered to when filming
- Using photographs taken during the assignment and already existing pictures provided by IOM, develop a photobook documenting IOM’s activity under the EU-IOM Joint Initiative.
- Production of videos in English. However, where interviewee speaks pidgin or a different language, videographer to transcript and subtitle video in English
- Adhere to IOM’s protection principles on interviewing vulnerable persons’
- Provide at least 80 edited high-resolution generic pictures of reintegration and activities of other thematic areas under the EU-IOM Joint Initiative in Nigeria both in jpeg and raw formats across Edo, Delta, Lagos and Abuja.
- Provide unedited shots that can be later used by IOM team, including legends
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned, including duty travel as requested.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- The consultant should have a minimum of five (5) years’ operational experience in photography and filmmaking. Preference will be given to individuals who have experience working on in the humanitarian sector
- The consultant should have a minimum of five (5) years’ professional experience with InDesign, Microsoft Publisher or any other document publishing tool;
- Good understanding of migration flows and dynamics in and out of Nigeria with attention to the Central Mediterranean route.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Previous work on migration-related issues
- Efficiency, flexibility, high level of professionalism and ability to work under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Works effectively with local authorities, stakeholders, beneficiaries, and the broader community to advance country office or regional objectives
- Excellent knowledge of English; Excellent knowledge of Adobe Final and Premiere Cut;
- IT Literate; Organizational Skills; Accuracy; Excellent coordination and communication skills; Ability to work with minimal supervision as well as supervise others; Flexible and able to work in a stressful and dynamic environment with limited resources.
- Computer proficiency including with MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Deadline: 22nd August, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications via email to: HRNIGERIA@iom.int indicating CFCV2020/039 Lagos, Consultant (MM/Videographer/Filmmaker) on the subject line.
- For the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to “Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM)” and with a subject line CFCV2020/039 Lagos, Consultant (MM/Videographer/Filmmaker)
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV).