Community Manager at Workcity Africa
Work City is a community that brings Entrepreneurs and Creatives together in order to collaborate as a team, generate ideas, and harnessing various skills geared towards financial growth and community resource development. Its an arena full of fun and where people get jobs done.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community Manager
Goals & Objectives:
- Illustrate Workcity’s core values and strive to achieve our mission. Lead the Community Management team to achieve the following:
- Creation of a collaborative environment amongst our members through events and personal introductions.
- Maintenance of 100% occupancy by achieving sales goals, and managing churn.
- Ensuring that building is fully operational and processes are running smoothly.
- Driving growth and promotion of Workcity -provided service offerings.
- Maintaining company standards and expectations.
- Managing building KPI?s.
Duties & Responsibilities
Community Management & Events:
- Manage all building operations and communicate with market support to ensure the highest level of member satisfaction.
- Develop community initiatives designed to create connections between members, including member introductions, overseeing events, electronic and print communications, and building walk-throughs.
- Solve member-related issues to ensure a cohesive community and manage member expectations.
- Meet with members to resolve issues, process member terminations and other issues of complexity.
- Oversee events to ensure there is a good balance of educational, member appreciation, and lead generating and sales-related events and to review for adequate procedural safeguards for the protection of members and company assets.
- Proactively gather data on members’ business objectives and identify both Workcity and member services that could help members achieve their objectives.
- Seek opportunities to engage members to discover and discuss members? objectives, i.e. using member service request as an opportunity to learn more about members, member?s business and any other needs members may have.
- Identify opportunities and act on them to connect members.
- Design and implement rules, guidelines and best practices for the community to optimize member experience.
- Recommend best practices, including but not limited to community management, sales, events, training, and member experience on a company-wide level.
- Exercise discretion in guiding prospective members, including possibly gatekeeping where business may not be in the interests of the greater community.
- Resolve member complaints regarding other members through neutral fact investigation and process termination of membership when warranted.
- Explain Workcity policies and procedures to members, including but not limited to membership agreement and billing procedures.
- Take responsibility for sales and community dynamics.
- Engage in the larger community of the market by attending events. and networking with local start-ups and organizations.
- Manage and maintain relationships with vendors and landlords.
- Conduct tours to work towards and maintain 100% building occupancy when ACMs are unavailable.
- Lead tours for VIPs, i.e. guests of Workcity.
- Make recommendations to Physical Product and Head of Community and Operations on any repairs, maintenance, or updates required in your building.
- Analyze tickets by area to identify and resolve issues presented, i.e. insufficient cleaning staff, repeating IT-related failures, malfunctioning conference room equipment, etc.
- Set priorities using ticket data and clearly communicate adjustments to the team.
- Produce comprehensive quality control reports that allow all stakeholders to improve the member experience.
- Review all base building documents to ensure the data is updated and accurate.
- Supervise move-ins and move-outs for a quality experience.
- Review daily reports and work with the team to finalize weekly and monthly reports that outline community and sales progress
- Expense management for the building.
- Know and be able to implement member safety plans, i.e. fire and emergency plans.
- Manage a team within a building to reach sales goals and execute on their objectives as an individual and a team.
- Lead professional development within the team and make recommendations to promote current employees.
- Perform weekly one-on-one meetings to track individual performance.
- Oversee and keep the team up to date with process changes.
- Oversee team including performance management reviews.
Deadline: 20th August, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com using the “Job title” as subject of the email.