Commonwealth Youth Awards 2021 open for entries (£5000 GBP in Prizes)
The awards recognise and reward young people whose work has made a major impact on people and communities in their country.
Young leaders from across the 54 Commonwealth countries can enter five regional categories:
- Europe and Canada; and
A pan-Commonwealth panel will judge the entries based on the impact, sustainability and level of innovation.
To be eligible, you must:
- be a Commonwealth citizen aged 15 to 29 years;
- have been engaged in development work for at least 12 months as a professional or volunteer; and
- show a strong track record of implementing impactful development work and contribute to one of the 17 sustainable development goals.
Entries must be received by 23:59 on 21 October 2020.
The awards were launched today at a Commonwealth Action Series webinar to mark International Youth Day.
- Judges will choose 20 finalists who will each receive a trophy, a certificate and £1,000 in cash.
- Of the 20, five regional winners will be chosen and awarded an additional £2,000.
- The finalists and regional winners will be announced during Commonwealth week in March 2021.
- There will be an overall winner who will receive the title of Commonwealth Young Person of the Year 2021, and a total cash prize of £5,000.
This year’s award includes special recognition for young people who have made outstanding efforts to tackle development challenges created by the COVID-19 pandemic.
For more Info: Commonwealth Youth Awards 2021