Cloud Solution Architect – Azure Data & AI at Microsoft Nigeria
Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. It develops, manufactures, licenses, supports, and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, the Microsoft Office suite, and the Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers.
At Microsoft our mission and values are to help people and businesses throughout the world realize their full potential.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cloud Solution Architecture – Azure Data & AI
Job Number: 1290894
Employment type: Full-Time
Profession: Customer Success
Role type: Individual Contributor
Travel: 0-25 %
- Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
- With over 15,000 employees worldwide, the Microsoft Customer Experience and Success (CEnS) organization is responsible for the strategy, design, and implementation of the Microsoft end-to-end customer experience.
- This newly expanded organization reflects the Microsoft ambition to be known as a customer experience company, ensuring our Microsoft mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more is enabled by delighting customers and consistently exceeding their expectations in every interaction through a connected customer experience.
- Microsoft has a tremendous opportunity to exceed customer expectations and drive greater customer loyalty and trust, which leads to greater satisfaction, retention, and growth.
- The CEnS organization is looking for people with a passion for delivering customer success to help us build a future where customers come to us, not only because we provide industry-leading products and services, and also because we provide a differentiated and connected customer experience that is rooted in our commitment to delivering on customer outcomes.
- Understand customers’ overall data estate Business and IT priorities and success measures to design data solutions that drive business value.
- Ensure long term technical viability and optimization of production deployments, and lead and advise on migration and modernization using key Azure Data services such as: Azure SQL Database, Azure SQL Managed Instance, SQL Server on Virtual Machines, etc
- Apply technical knowledge to architect solutions that meet business and IT needs, create Data Platform, AA/AI roadmaps, and ensure long term technical viability of new deployments, infusing key analytics technologies where appropriate (e.g. Azure Synapse, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake, Databricks, Azure Data Explorer, Power BI etc.)
- Work with multiple customers to implement POCs/MVPs, guide customers through to production deployment, operationalization, troubleshooting, and optimization?of their production deployments, resolve blocker escalations, provide technical recommendations and architecture design
- Ensure customer deployments and solutions exhibit high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, and reliability for new and existing deployments
- Working across multiple pillars of Data & AI – RDBMS, NoSQL, Analytics, AI
- Identify and build technical collateral or technical assets that helps the Microsoft field accelerate Azure consumption
- Serve as the technical lead and interface between Azure field teams and Engineering, share best practices and insights to drive product improvement
- Develop deep relationships with key customer decision makers (both Business and IT) who drive long-term innovation and data platform adoption within their company to enable them to be Azure data advocates
- Be an Azure Platform evangelist with customers, partners and external communities.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Information Technology or related field preferred.
- Experience: Prior work experience in a Consulting/Architecture position within a software and/or services company such as Amazon, Google, IBM, etc. desired
Prior solution delivery or engineering experience
- 9+ years working with large Enterprise customers and field communities in consulting or similar roles, leading deployment projects, architecture, design, implementation of Data or Analytics based solutions OR: 7+ years of experience in building products and services as part of Engineering teams in engineering positions (required).
- Enterprise-scale technical experience and depth with one or more areas of the Azure data platform (Azure SQL – Azure SQL Database, Azure SQL Managed Instance, SQL Server on Virtual Machines, or equivalent) (required)
- Knowledge and understanding of all pillars of Data & AI – Data (RDBMS, NoSQL), Analytics, and AI/ML.
- Working with structured and unstructured data in Big Data scenarios using technologies such as Azure Synapse, Snowflake, Big Query, Redshift, HDInsight, Hadoop, Cloudera and Spark.
- Experience with large scale data lake concepts for enterprise customers.
- Advanced Analytics using technologies such as Databricks and Spark.
- Developing streaming workloads using technologies such as Spark streaming, Kafka and Storm.
- Data governance, cataloguing and lineage.
- Hands on experience creating data solutions for customers?that lead to production deployments, and optimization of those deployments
- Problem Solving. Ability to solve customer’s data problems through various cloud technologies (required)
- Relationship Building. Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior executives. Experience in managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects. The ability to influence and build relationships across technical and business teams (required)
- Good business acumen to quickly understand the customer’s industry and business to have relevant discussions with business decision makers.
- Collaboration and Communication. Acknowledged for driving decisions collaboratively, ability to communicate data concepts effectively with business and technical audiences, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to orchestrate, lead, and influence virtual teams, ensuring successful implementation of customer projects.
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences (Senior Executives, IT Management, Data Engineers) (required)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.