A conglomerate of companies is currently recruiting qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Clearing and Forwarding Officer
Location: Port Harcourt – Rivers
Employment Type: Full-time
- The job holder will be responsible for managing all import functions of the company from Pre-shipment, Shipping and clearing from the ports.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline.
- Cognate experience of between 3 – 5 years in a Clearing & Forwarding Company in Nigeria.
- Operational knowledge of the ports and government agencies is a must.
- Must have knowledge of proper clearing and haulage documentation for imports.
- Must have appropriate knowledge of inspection agents, Banks, shipping companies and Terminals.
- Must have the ability to handle customs and shipping companies for imports, temporary importation, and Exports.
- Must have knowledge of the customs and Excise HS Code and Explanatory notes.
- Mastery of the Internet for Business Purposes.
- Pleasant, tactical personality.
- Opening of form M / LC Application to import
- Handling timely order execution & documentation like Pre & Post shipment documents.
- Manage customs documentation for clearing and forwarding.
- Liaising with the shipping company on all issues with consignment
- Administering import procedures and documentations and effectively liaison with Nigerian Customs / Logistics.
- Managing demurrages, port charges within specified norms.
- Managing seamless movement of the consignments to the destination.
- Liaising with Port authorities & customs officials, monitoring compliance to regulatory requirements and maintaining requisite papers & documents.
- Coordinating with Port Authorities for various requirements connected the vessels handling at the ports.
- Renewal of relevant licenses for all company imported listed items should be conversant to the procedures
- To get duty assessment in one day after Pre- Arrival Assessment Report PAAR and rotation number is allotted.
- To follow up with approved clearing agent to ensure timely clearance.
- To apply and get refunds shipping & container deposits etc.
- To be able to organize fast track clearing for the group.
- To prepare daily progress report and send to Head Office before close of the business.
- Any other assignment that may be given from time to time by superior officers
Deadline: 10th October, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Cover Letter and Resume to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.