Child Protection Strategist at the United Nations Volunteers (UNV)
The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme contributes to peace and development through volunteerism worldwide. We work with partners to integrate qualified, highly motivated and well supported UN Volunteers into development programming and promote the value and global recognition of volunteerism. UNV is administered by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and reports to the UNDP/UNFPA/UNOPS Executive Board.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Child Protection Strategist
Location: North East Nigeria
Description of assignment title: Design for Child Protection Strategy for North East Nigeria
Host Entity: Child Protection Area of Responsibility (UNICEF-led)
Expected Start Date: Invalid Date
Duration: 3 weeks
Sustainable Development Goal: 16. Peace, justice and strong institutions
Mission and objectives:
- The Child Protection Area of Responsibility within the Global Protection Cluster is the global level forum for coordination and collaboration on Child Protection in humanitarian settings.
- The group brings together NGOs, UN agencies, academics, donors and other partners under the shared aim of facilitating a more predictable, accountable and effective Child Protection response in complex emergencies, disasters and other humanitarian crises.
- Children in Nigeria face several obstacles to their health, wellbeing, and overall realization of their rights. Nigeria has taken a step towards promoting and protecting the rights of children.
- The Global Child Protection Area of Responsibility (CP AoR) seeks the support of an online volunteer to collaborate with the design of a Child Protection Strategy for North East Nigeria, and identify areas of improvement within the document.
- The volunteer will be able to strengthen their knowledge on Child Protection during the process of improving and strengthening the Strategy for North East Nigeria.
- The online volunteer will link with other relevant professionals and key informants who will also add value and knowledge to the development of this much-needed strategy.
- Master’s Degree or Equivalent in Social Sciences or in related fields.
- At least 3 years of experience in communications, design i.e. strategy and report design. Experience with International Organizations is asset.
- Excellent writing, analysis and communication skills. Strong analytical orientation and sound judgement, initiative and resourcefulness.
- Interest and/or knowledge of Child Protection is an asset. Demonstrated ability to work harmoniously with people from different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Fluency of English is mandatory.
- English, Level: Working knowledge, Required
Deadline: 15th April, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- United Nations Volunteers is an equal opportunity programme that welcomes applications from qualified professionals.
- We are committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, care protected characteristics.
- As part of their adherence to the values of UNV, all UN Volunteers commit themselves to combat any form of discrimination, and to promoting respect for human rights and individual dignity, without distinction of a person’s race, sex, gender identity, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, age, language, social origin or other status.