Chief Financial Officer in a Microfinance Bank
Catilas Resources Limited – Our client, a Microfinance Bank situated in Ojodu, Lagos state, is recruiting suoitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Financial Officer
Location: Ojodu, Lagos
Employment Type: Full Time
- Our client is recruiting a Chief Financial Officer with proven experience in finance modeling, capital raising and negotiation.
- The ideal candidate will be responsible for planning and executing the organization’s financial strategy as well as institute strong risk management throughout the organization.
- Successful candidates will be involved in long-term business planning, data analysis, budget control, revenue assurance, stress testing, and reporting on financial performance and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Financial Planning and Strategy, Managing Profitability, Strategic Planning and forecasting, Corporate Finance, Developing Budgets, managing relationships with banks and negotiations, fundraising, and dealing with internal and external stakeholders.
- Responsible for the integrity of the General ledger
- Implementing procedures according to Corporate policies and procedures
- Full responsibility for the production of monthly management accounts
- Review and approve all reconciliation and schedules such as bank statements, schedule of accrued charges, prepayments etc.
- Ensuring profitable margins on products are achieved and maintained.
- Demonstrating cost-cutting initiatives aiming at providing best solution at lower cost
- Developing and implementing effective controls framework and management systems to guide and support business operations
- Liaising with both external and internal auditors
- Planning and managing the material ordering process and ensure constant availability.
- Ensuring monthly general ledger entries CAPEX and OPEX accruals and provisions are raised.
- Preparing Monthly Management accounts for both internal and regulatory usage.
- Develop analytical tools to evaluate business proposals and identify the best decisions.
- Involvement in day-to-day management team management
- Statutory reporting and year-end duties.
- Consolidation and reporting to senior management
- Preparation of monthly budgetary control and performance.
- Preparation of the overall annual budget of the bank, including the assumptions and the ratios.
- Treasury management and monitoring.
- Producing multi-dimensional reports for Management decision
- Ensuring that all costs are properly tracked and that OPEX and CAPEX are within budget.
- Minimum of B.Sc in Accounting / Finance / Economics
- Minimum of 5 Years relevant professional experience in a similar role.
- Financial services experience is compulsory
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Excel & Word;
- Good knowledge of IFRS and Management Accounting
- Good knowledge of CBN regulatory reporting
- Masters degree will be an added advantage.
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA, ICAN).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: This position is based in Lagos state and interviews will be conducted in Lagos.